• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

aftermarket m35A2 heater blower motor

rossbart

Does anyone know if this napa fan motor will work in an M35A3? I recently bought a new A3. Fan motor worked fine when I first got it home but a few days later it's dead. Checked current at switch as well as wires going into motor (both at 28 volts). So, I assume it just went bad. This motor is inside cab on passenger side and is mounted vertically from bottom of air box.

ODdave

There was some consern about the bushings not supporting the vertical load in this position but rightfuly the magnetic feild should center the armature centered and the load off of them.

rossbart

Ok, that's great guys. I sure do appreciate the help as I'd never have figured ut this parts situation. I'll run by napa tomorrow and get one on order. Hopefully I'll be back in a warm truck before winter gets too cold.

Thanks,
Ross

ludgy

My blower motor quit last week. i work for napa, spec'd one out. installed, works good.

decided to do a search today---same number i came up with on this thread. 655-1320 bk

ludgy

My blower motor quit last week. i work for napa, spec'd one out. installed, works good.

decided to do a search today---same number i came up with on this thread. 655-1320 bk

Jersey4x4

I ordered one from NAPA online and it came in today after waiting for 2 weeks. It is a omni directional motor and the orange wire is hot for the MV application. What I did find interesting is it had a napa decal over another decal so I pulled it off and it is a UNIMOTOR sticker underneath. So for future reference UNIMOTOR is the company that is making the blowers for current Military applications. Anyway the OEM number is Hunter 1-30008 the NAPA number is 655-1320 and the UNIMOTOR number is 14552 and four seasons number 35552
Edit: I also went through the TMs for all the trucks and confirmed that the 900 series used Hunter part number 30040-01 which is the replacement for the M35 and the 800 series motor also and is the same as the NAPA motor listed above. Just FYI for future

Last edited:

goodguyzy

Just installed one from napa today, good fit. Its weird how the oem has one wire and the napa has 2. One says black for one direction and orange for the other direction. Its not right though. Its orange to the hot wire and black for the ground. Had a tester out for a few minutes to figure it out.
BTW installed on a 923

rrrr

Got one from NAPA and installed, works great. Thanks for posting this information. Best $43 I've spent !

glivdub03

Advance Auto parts was cheaper for me, NAPA wanted $48 for the blower motor I got it from advance Auto parts for $35 works very well. Part Number is 35552 made by 4 seasons.

todds112

Bringing this thread back. My blower motor is fried. Ordered the NAPA one referred to in this thread. It is still available and will be here on Tuesday from the Denver Warehouse. I'll post up how it goes. They quoted me $35 plus 10 for the freight.

BTW, I've never smelled a motor that nasty. It stunk up the whole house having it in the garage! That aweful burned electrical odor, only 10x worse than I've ever smelled before.

wb9btz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTW, I've never smelled a motor that nasty. It stunk up the whole house having it in the garage! That aweful burned electrical odor, only 10x worse than I've ever smelled before.
Quintessential fact: All electrical and electronic equipment is manufactured with the appropriate amount of smoke and stink packed inside. That smoke and stink is why the stuff works! Anytime you allow the smoke and stink to escape you can bet that the equipment will no longer work! The smoke and stink is a troubleshooting aid since it allows you to quickly identify equipment that is no longer working ;-)

rujimbob

You guys are the greatest. My blower works, but doesn't push nearly enough air to be useful for me. Does the replacement motor actually move enough air to improve the heating?

I'm stupid enough I just figured out why the heater blew cold all the time (nice shut off valves at the radiator hose-heater in and outlets).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks