• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

aftermarket m35A2 heater blower motor

rustystud

You guys are the greatest. My blower works, but doesn't push nearly enough air to be useful for me. Does the replacement motor actually move enough air to improve the heating?

I'm stupid enough I just figured out why the heater blew cold all the time (nice shut off valves at the radiator hose-heater in and outlets).
With a new NAPA motor you should notice a difference !

saddamsnightmare

December 24th, 2015.

It has been my observation that blower motors (or any electric motor for that fact) are often designed for an intended use /application. If the motor is intended to be mounted vertically, the output shaft will run on ball bearings or roller bearings orientated to take that particular load, if horizontal, both the output and tailshaft bearings will be set up to take thrust horizontally and also to bear the weight of the armature. To set a motor designed for horizontal use up vertically, well, the results should be quite interesting over time, please do report back on what luck you are having!

Have a Happy and Safe Holiday Season and a Prosperous New Year's!:-o

rustystud

December 24th, 2015.

It has been my observation that blower motors (or any electric motor for that fact) are often designed for an intended use /application. If the motor is intended to be mounted vertically, the output shaft will run on ball bearings or roller bearings orientated to take that particular load, if horizontal, both the output and tailshaft bearings will be set up to take thrust horizontally and also to bear the weight of the armature. To set a motor designed for horizontal use up vertically, well, the results should be quite interesting over time, please do report back on what luck you are having!

Have a Happy and Safe Holiday Season and a Prosperous New Year's!:-o
I don't think anyone is using the NAPA motor in a vertical position. I bought mine three years ago and it works great !

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most M939 series trucks seem to have it vertically mounted, iirc.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same blower motors.

Anyone searching,, might come across this thread.

My comment simply pointed out they are used in vertical positions(in reference to the comment in post # 42.

You are correct, this is the Deuce Forum!

Last edited:

rustystud

Same blower motors.

Anyone searching,, might come across this thread.

My comment simply pointed out they are used in vertical positions(in reference to the comment in post # 42.

You are correct, this is the Deuce Forum!
Just for clarification, is the deuce blower motor the "same" blower motor (NSN #) as in the M939 ?

rustystud

Well NAPA no longer carries the blower motor #655-1320. The factory is also out. So I found that Summit Racing carries the Four Season #35552 blower motor for $50.00 .

rustystud

I bought my blower motor from NAPA a couple years ago, I was told then that the stock was low and was not going to be replaced.

I couldn't go to the Napa in Canada as they didn't carry the motor at all.
What burns my buns is I just missed getting the last one by a day ! It was sold somewhere back east.
Well the saying is true "you snooze you loose" !

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one I picked up a few months back got transferred from a store 4hrs away and pretty sure it was the only one Napa could find at the time

rustystud

Just got a new blower motor from NAPA today. Took them 5-days to get it in. About $45 after shipping. They said it shipped from Fresno. I'll see if I can post pics. Should be installing this weekend.
So it was YOU !!! That's OK. I found another brand sold by Summit Racing "Four Seasons" . They have plenty in stock.

TsgtB

I was shocked that my old looking M151 blower actually worked when i hooked it up... (high and low).
It's still pretty loud, but it seems to be all "air pushing" noise to me (if you understand that).
The actual electric motor is quiet enough (being in the cab). And it does move a lot of air
with good output flow.

rustystud

I was shocked that my old looking M151 blower actually worked when i hooked it up... (high and low).
It's still pretty loud, but it seems to be all "air pushing" noise to me (if you understand that).
The actual electric motor is quiet enough (being in the cab). And it does move a lot of air
with good output flow.
Blow out the motor with a shot of air and then spray in some lubricant like "LPS" or my favorite "Tri-Flow" on the shaft where it leaves the motor . This will help the bronze bushings in the motor.

rujimbob

Installed the blower motor. Works great and blows much more air. FYI the shaft is a direct fit, but you'll end up drilling new mount holes on the plate that holds the motor to the squirrel cage. Wasn't difficult at all. Seems to all be coming out the passenger vents when in the defrost setting. Easy enough to adjust with OD duct tape! Now to fix the major oil/coolant leak that just popped up.... SMH

Last edited:

cantwait

I just bought a blower motor from Auto zone. I had to take them the part number (35552) and they had it the next day. Plus it has a lifetime warranty! Hopefully, if and when I need a new one they can still get it in!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks