• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

aftermarket m35A2 heater blower motor

ODdave

Ok after lots of searching, on this site and others i have found a replacment 24V blower motor for the m35A2 deuce and a half with the hot water heat. Allthough it is not exactly the same, the only mods i see that where needed are for the ground wire to be atached externaly (closest bolt) and the power wire to have your existing lead (bullet conector) atached. But the most important mod is the much needed quick coat of some beutiful Olive Drab paint. the motor is NAPA pn. 655-1320 . cost was $31.09 + tax. the only part i am slightly questioning is the fan depth, although it looks fine i wont know untill it is mounted. i will find out in a few days and post it.

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome ODdave!!!!!!!! Keep us posted about the install and operation. I know there are several people who need replacement motors. Myself, mine still works but I have been searching off and on for a little while to have the numbers on hand just in case I need a new one.

jollyroger

Yep. Mine is starting to make the death humm. I have not wanted to throw down with the chemicals yet as I don't want to take the "magic" out of it until it gets bad. Thanks for the findings.

Lax

Thanks for the work ODDave. I will be very interested in the RPM it turns. It would be great to be able to increase the blower/air output!

LiqTenEXp

Mine was DOA when I got the truck. I split the case open on it, flushed out all the gunk, lubed it, and put it back together. FYI, Proper alignment of the two rods that tighten the two parts together will insure the sleeve bearings are aligned properly to the motor shaft. After that it works like a champ.

Boatcarpenter

ODdave,
Do you know if that replacement blower motor has proper bearings to operate with the blower shaft
operating in the vertical position as opposed to horizontally as it would in a normal heater installation in an A2??
I have my heater installed in the cab with the shaft vertical and now when I turn it on the blower
operates slowly and jumps up and down.
Thanks,
BC

ODdave

ODdave,
Do you know if that replacement blower motor has proper bearings to operate with the blower shaft
operating in the vertical position as opposed to horizontally as it would in a normal heater installation in an A2??
I have my heater installed in the cab with the shaft vertical and now when I turn it on the blower
operates slowly and jumps up and down.
Thanks,
BC
Not shure, all mine are mounted in the under hood location. All blower motors i have "disected" have had thrust washers. I would imagine it should be fine. Is it causing a problem?

Boatcarpenter

ODdave,
Here is a question I asked Stumps in another thread. Explains what has happened.
"OK Stumps,
Here is a question for you. I mounted my heater in the cab and the blower motor is positioned so the blower shaft
is operating in a vertical position. Had some trouble so pulled the motor and fired it up in the vertical positiion. It works
but jumps up and down. When I operate it in the horizontal position, it runs fine. I suspect the end bearings are not
made for vertical operation. Having taken one apart, can you confirm this?
Thanks,
BC "

andybritt2002

I know this is a old thread, but I tried to buy online from napa. They cancelled my order and told me the item was on back order from the manufacturer. Is there any other sources for this blower motor?

AaronW

My local NAPA was able to locate 3 in stock in other states. $36.99 + $9 or $10 shipping. (655-1320) Carquest showed no match.

Last edited:

6x6TRex

I work at NAPA so I'll run the # (BK 655-1320) tomorrow to check if its still available. Bought one a year ago and it worked great!

6x6junkie

they are a good fit but after a year of good running i whould say i have 6-7 hours on my motor the bearing on the shaft went bad amature hit the field and no go . but still got another from napa thats a good part # in pa$ 42.50 cheaper than nos or new original

6x6TRex

My local NAPA was able to locate 3 in stock in other states. $36.99 + $9 or $10 shipping. (655-1320) Carquest showed no match.
$34.99 plus shipping from the Napa I work at. 3 in other states, 6 in the warehouse in Indianapolis, and 28 in the warehouse in Salt Lake City as of 1:30 on 11/22/11.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks