• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aftermarket Winch

rz14rt

i see this comment or similar often around here. i understand that these trucks can be had for dirt-cheap. but that doesn't mean that other equipment will be (or even should be) as relatively inexpensive. it's not logical to compare a piece of equipment from another industry to the cost of your surplussed MV.

let's face it; no one in their right mind would have expected that (5 years ago) you can buy an 18000lb winch for $800-1600 dollars, period.

yes, this can be an inexpensive hobby to enter. but once you want to make modifications by grafting inter-industrial equipment onto these vehicles.... well, you gotta pay to play.
Yes a helpfull reply mudpuppy, thank you. :mrgreen:
I am still interested in the best place to find an 18000 lb winch if anyone has input.

03Dexterhauler

I really opened a can of worms with this thread. :mrgreen: Stilll holding out for one with a winch, but there's been ton of info (really like the 18K electric option) here on other options. Much appreciated!