• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Compressor Question

74M35A2

All good ideas, especially increasing pressure for the CTIS if you have it. Mine works better after doing so. But what I am making out of this is, if the governor always has a 20psi hysteresis, and he is only seeing a 10psi differential before blow-down, then either the air governor is (going) bad, or his air pressure safety blow off is weak....?

Are you sure the air release is from the dryer?

Also, there are 2 governors available commercially at NAPA. The $20 one referenced here is the non-waterproof one. I'm sure it works fine, as it is the one all the semi-trucks use. NAPA also carries a water-proof version, which is the exact same as far as sealing and such, as the military one. Forgot the price, but more than $20 for sure.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reading more of the trouble shooting I learned something. To test the unloader valve you disconnect the unloader line and with another line and gage you charge the compressure unloader line and shut off that line.Then you watch the gage and the unloader system in the compressure should hold pressure. If it does then unloader valve is good and not then one would need to repair the unloader valve system. The trouble shooting said if it cycles too much it is eather a major air leak or the unloader valve.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks