• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air connection

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "Service" side, left, is used to control the various brake/emergency valves. The right side, provides an air supply, to do the work!.

prattcobra

I noticed the drivers side one was hanging loose when the truck was unloaded. I don't want to run it down the road like that? What will happen brakes lock up?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While I don't know their names off hand , there are a few 5 ton owners in your neck of the woods that frequent here, I imagine one of them would be happy to come by and show you some important items about your new 5 ton.
Meanwhile find an operators manual for your truck ( or M809 series of trucks) the operators manuals end in -10
There may be one on this site. Sorry I'm not much help, I know a bit about 2 1/2 tons, 1 1/4 tons & 1/4 tons, but never had a 5 ton.

Safety First - Enjoy the new toy second.

steelandcanvas

As suggested several times, you need to download several Technical Manuals and study them. Get familiar with your truck. While most of us don't mind helping a newbie, most of us do expect him to do a little reading on his own. Most of the answers to your questions could have been answered in the operator's manual for the 5 ton. Congratulations on you truck, and welcome to the "fever".

jwaller

The front emergency or red glandhand has a one way ceck valve in it so you shouldn't be able to get any air out of it, only into it.

The rear red gladhand will supply air once you have connected another gladhand to it and turned the ball valve 90deg.

The blue or service gladhand should only supply air when the brake pedal is depressed.

What 5 ton do you have?