• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air dryer freeze up and other problems

BenRoberts

Certified insane
Highly recommend to ditch the stock alternator asap.

When mine went bad, it was instant.
Took out PCB and ABS module.
CTIS controller hasn't acted same since, so count that too.

I coukd have bought three new Delco-Remy alternators for what its
cost me to replace what the lousy stock alternator fried.

I too thought since mines working fine, why replace it.
Yea....hindsight is 20/20
I'm going to replace it. I'm not risking it

Jericho

Ive had terrible luck with Gama Goat Alts, seems every time I take it over 65 MPH ( down hill on the interstate) it fries the alt, Suspect its rotor speed. Had good luck (knock on wood) with my M 109a3 . lots of trips, no problems . I have adjusted the potentiometer on the alt before, BUT alas, suspect when it seems to need adj , its too late , never seen a change after it gets in the yellow no matter home much I adj it

BenRoberts

Certified insane
My wife has no idea why I enjoy working on this big green turd but didn't bat an eye when I told her how much this was going to cost. I think I got a keeper. Second Christmas when all my parts show up

Josh

Ive been having issues with over pressure and valves sticking open the last week while it has been cold and snowy here. The other day I noticed the truck got up to 150 psi and I just pulsed the brakes to drop it back to to 90. Then the brakes stuck open dumping the air and after about 30 seconds of this, everything seemed to have defrosted and worked perfectly.

74M35A2

I think the military used that same alternator on nearly any vehicle that was not dual-voltage. Recommend to keep your pulley until you have the new one in amd working. I think the 250 engines have an alternator pulley that has more stand-off to it than normal, so if you meed to have a machine shop bore your stock pulley to 7/8" slip-fit, it may save you some time on mounting bracket fabrication. I think I have just found a source for that pulley to supply with my alts for use on the 250 engine, but not sure it is perfect. Should be? Next 250 customer will be key in providing feedback. I don't own a 250 engine/vehicle. If I did, it would be much easier to develop propery bracketry for you guys.

BenRoberts

Certified insane
I will do that. It will be a few weeks till I get the new one
I think the military used that same alternator on nearly any vehicle that was not dual-voltage. Recommend to keep your pulley until you have the new one in amd working. I think the 250 engines have an alternator pulley that has more stand-off to it than normal, so if you meed to have a machine shop bore your stock pulley to 7/8" slip-fit, it may save you some time on mounting bracket fabrication. I think I have just found a source for that pulley to supply with my alts for use on the 250 engine, but not sure it is perfect. Should be? Next 250 customer will be key in providing feedback. I don't own a 250 engine/vehicle. If I did, it would be much easier to develop propery bracketry for you guys.
Will I be receiving one of these possible correct pulleys for the 250? I'd be willing to give it a go

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks