• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Intake

Viper350

You don't have to do that. It is not that hard to find out. I don't even have a truck yet, just putting up all the ideas for when I get mine. It looks really good.

73X

You don't have to do that. It is not that hard to find out. I don't even have a truck yet, just putting up all the ideas for when I get mine. It looks really good.
If you decide to make one or something similar let me know. The brackets and straps to hold the tube up and to the exhaust I have a box full of, I will give you what you need.
The four inch bracket is nylon and the strap is stainless steel and it works great for this purpose.

Last edited:

73X

No worries it does look kinda funny. It is a mount for my CB antenna but I was backing up my driveway and caught a tree limb with the antenna and snapped it off.

Pearadeuce

Thanks for the pic do you remember the part # for the 90? Been wanting to do something like this, was going to take to exhaust pros and see if they could bend one. Now will do it this way. THANKS again

number9

Mod looks good. I wonder though if having the intake with the stock dome on it like that ( and I've seen several so not singling one out) creates any less than ideal conditions with air flow or pressure? Seems like the dome up in the wind would actually result in a negative pressure sucking air out of the tube and airbox. Most factory intakes that are up in the wind are turned into the wind to catch it- like on the H.E.T. trucks or even civie cab-over trucks or aftermarket kits for Jeep Wranglers.

Maybe it's not an issue or this has already been discussed before, but it just something I wonder about when I've seen a setup like that on here.

73X

As of yet I haven't noticed anything negative about the air bonnet being up that high. I hear a little less intake noise. After the muffler you tend to heat a lot of weird sounds. It actually seems to run really well. I am sorry that I do not have data to verify one theory or the other but seat of the pants says no problems.
Oh and here are a few pics of the CB antenna that I finally fixed.

Attachments

jfnemt1ff1

OK I got to ask. Whats in the PVC tube in the gun ring mount?
I was looking at that to would make a good hidden compartment. But the mod looks good. I seem to remember someone here made a diffrent type of top looked like a square type of vent that was pointed to the ft like a ram air type of set up. I think he had a few holes inthe bottom to gran the rain.
John

73X

I was looking at that to would make a good hidden compartment. But the mod looks good. I seem to remember someone here made a diffrent type of top looked like a square type of vent that was pointed to the ft like a ram air type of set up. I think he had a few holes inthe bottom to gran the rain.
John
My next plan when it warms up enough is to put a drain in the bottom of the air box itself. I figured a 3/4 npt bushing welded in and a ball valve would be easy enough. It is a good idea though to put something down there to drain I would think as there isn't one.

KsM715

That is actually a good looking antenna mount, it doesnt stand out and look obviously civy like most cb antennas on MV's.

As far as the intake cap being up high in the wind I dont think there is enough of a pressure change (up high vs down on the side) to negatively affect fresh air getting to the motor. The motor after all is just a big air pump, and its gonna suck the air in when it needs it.