• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air leak, what is this part?

Hey folks! I'm a volunteer at the WWII air museum in Palm Springs, Ca tasked with maintaining all the museum's ground equipment. The museum had a deuce (M35A2) donated a while ago that I've been working on the last two weeks. I got all the PMs done with info I found here and she's running great.

Only issue now is I could hear an air leak, I listened and found it against the firewall, behind the steering wheel. There's a small hole on the side of the piece pictured below. What is it? Can I plug the hole with a screw? Is something supposed to be hooked up there? I looked through the TMs but couldn't find this part.

Thanks for the help folks, we're supposed to be driving it on a parade soon.

20130420_134626.jpg

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is your low air switch .

Do not put a screw in the hole.

Replace it with the correct replacement part.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, that hole is the pressure relief hole. It has a diagram that needs to move freely when the air pressure on the other side changes.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haahhaahhaa:wink:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, I think spellcheck changed it on me!

Either way, I'm laughing!