• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air leak, what is this part?

Hey folks! I'm a volunteer at the WWII air museum in Palm Springs, Ca tasked with maintaining all the museum's ground equipment. The museum had a deuce (M35A2) donated a while ago that I've been working on the last two weeks. I got all the PMs done with info I found here and she's running great.

Only issue now is I could hear an air leak, I listened and found it against the firewall, behind the steering wheel. There's a small hole on the side of the piece pictured below. What is it? Can I plug the hole with a screw? Is something supposed to be hooked up there? I looked through the TMs but couldn't find this part.

Thanks for the help folks, we're supposed to be driving it on a parade soon.

20130420_134626.jpg

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is your low air switch .

Do not put a screw in the hole.

Replace it with the correct replacement part.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, that hole is the pressure relief hole. It has a diagram that needs to move freely when the air pressure on the other side changes.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haahhaahhaa:wink:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, I think spellcheck changed it on me!

Either way, I'm laughing!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks