• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Locking Axle Transplant for 5T, Anybody Done It?

74M35A2

Looking to see if anybody has done the actual swap of the rare yet air locking 5t / 7t axles into our 5t trucks. This is not a drop an ARB carrier and not the MRAP axle. This is an entire air locking Rockwell top loader axle that was not supplied in 5t military vehicles, but supposedly fits and works.

adamsoffroadperformance seems to have published the most info about it, yet I can’t find any instances where anybody has done it. A few here own them, and are for sale (not cheap).

I have a set of all 3 lined up to acquire, but I am wondering if there is a roadblock that has yet to be found which prevents the swap from occurring or being successful (besides just my general acquisition of cool stuff that never gets installed).

Article said the M939 air brakes will swap onto them, the ratio will swap over, the CTIS may be possible but was yet TBD.

Appreciate any further feasibility info before I pull the trigger on this.

Thanks.

162tcat

If I could find a set I’d gladly dig into it and post pics of the results. I don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t work. All of the necessary components should swap right over. Hardest part would probably be removing the rivets to swap the air brake components over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks