• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Pack Bleeder Stuck

trider

Has anyone else been unable to get the bleeder on the air pack to turn? I build a power bleeder and got under there to bleed the air pack first and can not get the bleeder to turn. I appears someone else has almost rounded it prior to me. I am not sure how to get it loose. I have even tried vise grips and cant get it to turn at all. Any help would be appreciated.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Might try heating the body of the air pack. I'd wait till you have a replacement bleeder to install though.

Katahdin

Hammer/tap on a 6-sided deep socket and wrench it off that way, use a breaker bar for leverage if needed. Of course you'll want to replace the rounded bleeder, NAPA can sell you new ones, I've replaced all my bleeder screws from there.

trider

I will go get new ones. I assume there is difference size bleeders though? Can someone tell me what size I need so I can get a new one before removing the old one? Also are the bleeders on the wheels the same size?

trider

If the bleeder screws my local auto parts store has is a little longer or a little shorter would they still work or do they need to be exactly 1.37" long?

trider

Im finding 1 1/4" long, 1 17/64" long and 1 11/16" long so far at the first two parts stores. NAPA says they have two options 1.25" long and 1.68" long.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks