• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air warning buzzer won't stop in M932a1

rrrr

I've been through the TM's with only one reference in Vol 1 24-1 page 2-160 regarding this. Both of my pressure switches are working. When I disconnect the main cable from the failsafe warning control module the light and buzzer go out. The TM says to replace the buzzer but I can't find where its at, too much stuff in the way. Is the buzzer integrated in the failsafe warning control module ?

HELP PLEASE !

rrrr

I talked with Boyce equipment and their technician said the buzzer is integrated in the failsafe warning control module. They are working at finding me a replacement.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is located right near the air tanks (wires going into the low air warning sensor). The sensor is bad.

rrrr

Orderd the warning control module from white owl. They had a new one on the shelf.
Hopefully I'll get it on thursday and install it.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are two sensors, I believe, so you may want to check both of them. One corresponds to the primary air system and one to the secondary air system.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
HOW important is the "warning control module "
Instead of paying $190 why didn't you just DISCONNECT the buzzer and the rest of the crap that goes with it, install a standard OTR pressure switch, a buzzer and wire to the dash low air light, it just seems to me that paying $190 just to turn off the low air buzzer from buzzing is a bit much

rrrr

Read the first post. I did check both pressure sensors.

The module doesn't only control/warn regarding air pressure, the hand brake warning is also tied into it. These trucks have multiple systems tied into each other for safe operation like todays cars. Removing a sensor or warning device could impact many other systems.

rrrr

Got the new failsafe warning module in. Put it in and guess what it works ! I did have to bypass both pressure switches to see if it would go out and it did. Did some more trouble shooting and only one of my pressure switches is bad so I put the good one on the primary air tank. Works great. Got a pressure switch coming from TNJ for the secondary tank.

:)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
SO what you did was pay $190 to fix a BAD pressure switch ( a sensor that is nothing but a on/off ) :beer:

rrrr

No, the old buzzer would stay on regardless even if I bypassed both pressure switches.

So, I had two problems in the system that caused the lengthy trouble shooting, bad buzzer and pressure switches !

rrrr

The new failsafe warning unit is different than the old. Its a completely sealed unit with no external speaker like the old unit. Its completly enclosed in pastic. The guys at Boyce said that the old type units seem to fail more often.

Krink545

Can you tell me where the module is located. On My recovery trip from El Paso the fuel solenoid on my M923 shorted and burned the wire all the way back to the run/start switch. We unplugged the wire(54) by the switch. Since then I have no low air and no park brake light or buzzer. Looking at the wiring diagram wire 54 also powers wire 564 that powers the module. Instead of stripping more of the loom(its already striped with in a few inches of the firewall) I was thinking of just running a new wire to power the module. Thanks

Edited to add.
Found the module in the TMs. Just need to find wire 564 and see if it still works.

Last edited:

rrrr

Sitting in the drivers seat, its by your left foot on the side of the cab next to the lower fresh air vent. The unit is black unless you have a new type then its green plastic. The wire connector is on the top with two bolt that hold it on, one on each side.

kennys@wi.rr.com

I am picking up my 923 next weekend and I was just informed that the buzzer sounds no matter what the air pressure is. Is there a way to disconnect the buzzer portion for the ride home? Just looking for a temp fix. That could be a very long 170 mile ride home if I have to listen to that the whole way.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i too have the buzzer that stays on with a 812a2 and i had to listen to it for the 5 hour ride home earlier this week
aua

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i too have the buzzer that stays on with a 812a2 and i had to listen to it for the 5 hour ride home earlier this week
aua
What is an 812A2? You can unplug the buzzer, you know.

EDIT - You probably meant 923A2, I guess. Nevermind.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks