• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Airhorn problem.

movcondude

This drives me crazy - The horn on the Deuce dont work when operating the vehicle but after a standstill where some of the air has leaked out it works perfect again !?! I suspect its a defect in the air control valve... Anyone ???

dmetalmiki

I'd say your correct. There isn't enough 'pull' on the solenoid to open against air pressure by the sounds of it. (scus'e the pun). I did see that happen once when someone wired in 24v. air horns and connected them across the first battery for 12 volts.

pjwest03

The solenoids can get weak and or sticky with age. I would also check the the 24V and ground at the horn. In my truck the wires were deteriorated where they were crimped into the pins. Also, I had to use some emery to clean the steering wheel nut under the horn button where the spring makes the ground contact. I also added some dielectric grease there while I was at it.

rmgill

You might try squirting some air tool oil into the solenoid and operating it a bunch on the bench with a 12 volt battery.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks