• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alaska to Alabama in Brutus

DavidWymore

My dad is up around there and is very mechanically inclined/experienced if you need help or just somebody familiar with the area parts houses, etc. He rebuilt MVs when I was a kid.

elkhtr

There is a gold mine of mv parts about 1.5 hours south of you.
If you need anything not readily availible let me know and I'll try to hook you up.

TB58

Looks like my luck ran out. Opened up the gearbox in the daylight with the intent of swapping out the lower bearing to find three teeth in a row gone on the 5th gear lower gear. It was probably below the oil line when i opened it up the other day. I guess a full rebuild is in order. Now looking at my deadline to get to alabama.

TB58

The plan now is, if I can come up with a local transmission tomorrow I will do the awap. If it comes to getting one shipped I will store Brutus here and continue on in a Uhaul. While I am at Rucker I will get things shipped to a friend up here and do the swap after my course. Having a hard time that I can not change makes this hard. Looking through the auction site and other sources. 100 bucks would be a nice price, but one local would be nicer.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One thing you might consider if doing a roadside swap is to leave the PTO off until later. Trims swap time in half. If you have never swapped one, it can be done with a piece of lumber and a come a long.

Last edited:

elkhtr

Pm'd with him this morning.
For the locals, I am going to call Brad this morning around 10:00 am pst.
If someone beats me to it please post so ten people aren't calling him for the same thing.
I will check this thread promptly at 10:00 am, then make the call.
Marc

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Needless to say, it sucks having this happening away from home.
I had expert help back in Sep '06 from Leonard Jones in Sacramento, CA during my cross country trip when I had to have the rear seal replaced.
2006 0904 transmission lowered, leonard jones, sacramento, california.jpg2006 0904 transmission lowered, leonard jones, sacramento, california (1).jpg
(Truck is tilted by the use of the hiab outriggers for good access)

DavidWymore

I PM'd him this contact info from a FB member.

Stephanie. Custom welding hwy 7 graham washington. First lead. I think she will be able to get him one.

elkhtr

I called Brad and left him a message.
I will pm the op as soon as I hear back.
Pretty sure that if Stephanie doesn't have one Brad is who she will call.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks