• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

All m939a2 filters that you will need

DIndFab

Does the spin on filter upgrade you have listed replace the other fuel filter number? Or are both needed. I thought there was 2 fuel filters.

tbar123

I just returned home from Napa, and you have to ask for the "ATI or AITI sale". I just BS'd my way through it and told him that the friends I had on a forum I belong to told me about this sale. That's when he stated something about the a fore mentioned.You have to state that it's about "big trucks/heavy equipment".
I didn't do nearly as good as the poster of this thread. (sorry, bad memory), but I got the oil filter, seal, and fuel filter for 43 bucks out the door.Of course I have to wait until Monday to pick this stuff up, but looking at their regular prices, the fuel filter alone was $52.25. So I'm happy. I just wish I didn't have to bust my tail to get off work in time to get there.....:wink::wink:. But if not for this thread then I wouldn't have saved some money. I do thank you for that. Just a heads up before next years sale would be greatly appreciated. After all, Like I said, my memory sucks.

5tonman1971

Does the spin on filter upgrade you have listed replace the other fuel filter number? Or are both needed. I thought there was 2 fuel filters.
Yes the spin on filter replaces the big canister filter on the frame rail in the drivers front wheel well. It fits in the factory holes that the canister fits in to. Makes the filter change cheaper and easier.

maxxplanck

Well if you missed it, it was napas farm day sales and I took complete advantage of it and loaded up on filters. I won't post prices until someone says it's ok to have prices posted.

So since there's not a clear post on all the filters with pictures all in one post, I figured I would make one for you guys and hopefully it helps.

ATTENTION ALL NEW M939a2 OWNERS: these are all the filters you SHOULD replace as soon as you get your truck! Especially the air dryer rebuild kit, even if it's functioning it will save you a lot of headaches down the road.

ALL NAPA PART NUMBERS

Canister fuel filter (if applicable): 3401
Block fuel filter : 3472
Engine oil filter : 1649
External transmission filter : 1268
Hydraulic winch filter (if applicable): 1467
Air dryer rebuild kit upper: DQ6026 (not pictured)
Air dryer rebuild kit lower: DQ6020 (not pictured)
Spin on fuel filter head, upgrade for canister fuel filter: 330236700S
Spin on fuel filter: FS1006

5tonman1971: is the air dryer part number the same for the M923 ( not the A1 or A2 )

RustyM923

The only filter I see missing from this post is the internal transmission filter.

It's part # is 51892 (Wix) or 1892 (Napa). They run about $35.
51892.jpg

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fleetfilter.com has it for $32 and if you buy $125 it is $29 and if you buy $200 it is $26. It pays to shop around for filters for sure.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you go to NAPA, be sure to sign up for your AITA membership, since you own a "big truck/heavy equipment piece." It gives you a substantial discount on parts/fluids/supplies and is free. Mine automatically renews every year as long as I've bought parts with it the previous year. Most likely this sale was for AITA members.

plode

If you go to NAPA, be sure to sign up for your AITA membership, since you own a "big truck/heavy equipment piece." It gives you a substantial discount on parts/fluids/supplies and is free. Mine automatically renews every year as long as I've bought parts with it the previous year. Most likely this sale was for AITA members.
So that's why my NAPA wasn't having the sale on the filters. It was only for AITA participating dealers- the closest of which is about 86 miles from here. There aren't any AITA participating NAPA dealers in South Jersey.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks