• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Almost bought a truck today

cucvmule

collector of stuff
There are no free lunches with owning large trucks, tractors. The fact that the truck was not altered abused or as I like to say "molested" is the biggest plus for me. Now you can alter, change, improve the basic truck as bought, and with the best knowledge any Forum can provide.

But also understand wanting more for your cash outlay, being more economical getting the most for your money. + Now is the truck unmolested? The trucks cost money to operate and if you have to pay a mechanic to just service the truck that cash keeps piling up. If You can service the truck yourself then that cash can be spent on the truck instead.

Now the big plus for me, has the truck been maintained, and has the truck been altered from military configuration? If altered, molested, then what is the quality of the work and parts into the changes. The knife cuts both ways for sure.

But I myself would rather start with an unaltered truck and then go from there unless the work was done by a trustworthy person.

HDN

I wouldn't mind a naturally-aspirated diesel myself. It would cut down on warm up and cool down times, and it's one less thing to worry about breaking. That's one of the things I find attractive about some of the 5-tons. The right turbo does sound cool, though.

If no turbo is a deal-breaker for you, that's fine. As others said, it doesn't add much to the A2 anyway, and I'm sure another buyer will give the truck a great home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks