• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Al's Liner M1009 interior

michigandon

I read somewhere that the heat resistant / sound deadening stuff wasnt worth it. But 4 Parts didn't have it in stock anyway. Plus with the cost of the added product, I would have been way over budget. At that point I would likely have the pros do it. I preped for close to 7 hours and sprayed for 45 minutes. So it depends on what your time is worth. The LineX in my Dodge is 1/4 inch thick and bulletproof. But am happy with the Als Liner so far.
Interesting. It's all the same price at the local distributor. No extra charge for colors either. Unless you want white, in which case its ten bux more.

armytruck63

Just curious, have you had any problems with fumes as the coating dries? I only ask because the M1009 is an enclosed vehicle, as opposed to the bed of a pickup.

Interesting. It's all the same price at the local distributor. No extra charge for colors either. Unless you want white, in which case its ten bux more.
Yep, but the only colors that I saw that were stock were Black, Brown, and Grey. Not sure if thats tha same for you. I know there is some discussion about white. People use the automotive colorants for white, but I hear it can yellow quickly.

Is the local distributor a paint shop? or a 4x4 & truck shop?

I wonder where they are getting color from?

Maybe Als is coming up with more colors.

Just curious, have you had any problems with fumes as the coating dries? I only ask because the M1009 is an enclosed vehicle, as opposed to the bed of a pickup.
Yep.

It stinks, and I definately recommend a chem filter mask.
Harbor freight $19.99. I used this wile spraying but should have had it on when applying the Als primer. That stuff has some serious fumes.

Takes a couple of days for the smell to wear off, in fact its still slightly there as of today. But I drove it to work today with the windows up and it was not a problem.

There are a few Youtube videos also. Looks like older versions of Als training video, and at least one home made. Worth a look. They kind of breeze over the prep work in the vids though.

Its like 10 seconds of prep in the video and spraying is around 30 seconds. But prep can take some serious time.

Just type Al's Liner in Youtube search & there you go.

michigandon

The distributor in our area is called Triangle Specialty Coatings. They also apply the Scorpion Liner, which is for all intents and purposes the same product for those who do not wish to DIY: Triangle Specialty Coatings

They offer it in Black, Blue, Brown, Green, Gray, "Harley-Davidson Orange", Light Tan, Maroon, Purple, Red, White, and Yellow.

DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated with TSC in any way, shape, or form, other than that of a potential future customer.

BikerBi11

That looks great! I went the cheap way. had a junk Suburban with a really nice red interior. Took allf the goodies out that I wanted to use, Nice bench seat, carpeting, and tilt wheel with intermitant wipers, and put it all in!

The distributor in our area is called Triangle Specialty Coatings. They also apply the Scorpion Liner, which is for all intents and purposes the same product for those who do not wish to DIY: Triangle Specialty Coatings

They offer it in Black, Blue, Brown, Green, Gray, "Harley-Davidson Orange", Light Tan, Maroon, Purple, Red, White, and Yellow.

DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated with TSC in any way, shape, or form, other than that of a potential future customer.
Wow! For that price I would definately have them do it.
Figure around $425 with color match.

We dont have anyone around here (that I know of) that does Al's or any product for that cheap.

That desert sand would look really cool inside the green CUCV.

It has hardened quite a bit. Can’t dent it with a thumbnail.
I have been pretty hard on the liner this last year, but no blemishes yet.
So gratifying to just hose out the truck after hunting.
Great investment especially for the price. I’m very happy with the Al’s Liner.