• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alt belt sguil

REDWOLF

Does anyone eles have the problem with the passenger side alt belt not staying tight and squiling at start up? I have titened that thing to many times to count and after a cpl days it statrs all over again. Only at start up and only if i am in a hurry and do not let the truck warm up a bit. :roll:

kdaniels

Mine does the same thing on startup...and after 6 yrs it still is a source of irritation. Someone eles on the forum has brought this topic up before and i believe the solution is changing to a higher quality belt. Do a quick search and i'm sure those belt #'s will be available if you choose to swap'em out.

SEMPER FI !

keith

lavarok

Sometimes it helps to have a helper when tightening the power steering pump in place. I like to use a pry bar from underneath and have my son tighten the bolts from above. Goodyear gatorbacks also help.

K9Vic

Sometimes it helps to have a helper when tightening the power steering pump in place. I like to use a pry bar from underneath and have my son tighten the bolts from above. Goodyear gatorbacks also help.
Wrong side, but yes that is a PITA to tighten right by yourself a helper is best. My driver side is still slightly loose and needs to be tightened down again.

lavarok

:doh:

wow..completely misread that post! Yikes....I need more coffee.

--

EDIT:

If the alt keeps coming loose, the bolt hole in the alt is stripped OR the bolt threads are rolled.

I had this happen to me last month in my '08 . It lost the belt to the fan, which then proceeded to tear up my other two belts. I ended up getting a different bolt and cut some new threads. It may have just fixed the original threads, but either way it stays tight now.

Last edited: