• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternate fuels, Biodiesel

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a filter for cleaning the waste cooking oil the other day from a lady who is a chemist and really into biodiesel. Our kids go to the same school and Ms Wetzel lives only a few miles away. I'll keep you posted as to progress and the advise I receive.

She said that with the multifuel engine, she wouldn't even bother making biodiesel, just pour the cleaned oil directly into the fuel tank, at least in the summer time when it all stays warm. It was after she said so that I used a mix of (store bought) cooking oil and diesel last summer and it worked well, no degradation in performance. The mix was about 10% cooking oil to diesel. No cost advantage just a test.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks