• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator problems?...try this

jfccac

I've been searching high and low for a reasonably priced alternative for M35 alternators. I've bought stock replacements (used and new)with no luck.

I then hooked up with Tim .... (Avengeusa)

He has a kit shown here ---> M35 Deuce and 5 Ton Military Truck High output alternator Kit

This kit is fantastic...I installed it in a little less than an hour (taking my time).

It looks and performs great.

I highly recommend Tim's kit.

It's reasonable.
It's easy
It's dependable.

Give him a shout and save yourself the frustration of fartin around with unreliable, used replacements.

Thanx Tim!

JC

dabtl

I like the idea and it looks like a solution to many problems. The standard alternator looks to me to be kind of archaic. Great idea. When mine fail, you will be the first stop.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looks like a great replacement. Will it still work if it gets dunked in water? I have a flooding problem in my area and my M35 has done alot of swimming.

avengeusa

I looks like a great replacement. Will it still work if it gets dunked in water? I have a flooding problem in my area and my M35 has done alot of swimming.
It will

Heres the deal, it will not put out full power while submerged, but after exiting the water it will once again start charging.....

works fine, call me if it breaks, I have a no bs warranty on them

otisroy

I just pulled the Prestolite out my wife's M35 yesterday and took it down to a place here in town to see if they could do a rebuild. He said he couldn't but he was nice enough to call around and found me rebuild in GA for the low, low price of $1200.

Thanks for the innovation Tim. You've got mail.

otisroy

Tim's kit is the cat's behind and the price is definitely right. It was in the mail first thing Monday and I was able to get my M35 out on the sand thanks to him. It puts out a nice steady 27.5 volts.

m109guy

Darn, I wish I knew about this before. When I picked up my M109, the generator/alternator was blown. You could see the burned out wiring inside.

I had to get it rebuilt by a company here in town for the low price of $600.

I will know who to call if I need a replacement on the M109 in the future.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The coolest thing besides the reasonable cost is the extra space gained. Another accessory could more easily be added, like an A/C compressor. Also the primary fuel filter might be more accessible on the M35.

I would hate to remove the stock one prematurely though, and mess up the fine craftsmanship that went into the new mounting bracket's design a couple years ago..

There's alot of other great stuff on that site too.

BTW I'm looking for more amps please.. I have the 60A stock alternator now. I would like to find one that is capable of 200-300A for power generation purposes (300A = 8KW) without having to resort to a PTO job that can't be run while going down the road. I've seen the aircraft type generators, and know it is possible in a full size unit - but they have spline drive usually, not very easy to put that together (and they are the old commutator style generators, not AC alternators).. I don't need waterproof, just power.

So, if any plans for something unusually large, please advise.

avengeusa

I am working on a really high output unit now......, and have a 12 conversion, and am working on a 12 volt secondary alternator setup

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks