• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator Rebulit Kit

1986Blazerk5

Does anybody know of a good alternator rebuilt kid? my bearings on the drivers side alternator are going bad and i figure that i might as well rebuild the alternator, since i know how to but i have no idea where to buy the kit.

Thanks

mf5129

the bearing may still be available from gm.press the unit apart.if you are careful it may come apart.the core value is reasonable.it might be easy to fix.

Stonepicker1

I bought three kits for a total of $124 shipped, see picture.
No instruction.

DR5082HD---Rectifier
D101HD-1---Regulator
46-1100---Capacitor
39-101-3---Brush holder assy
33-102-2---Diode trio
49-1509---Battery post
6-203-4w---Ball bearing
8-101-2---Needle bearing

I have not tried to do the rebuilds yet.

Attachments

Barrman

Besides the Delco site, the -34 TM also walks you through the tear down, testing and putting together of an alternator. There have been several threads on this site with all the information and pictures of this job. It is really pretty easy and once you open it up, you will see how things go and probably not even open up the instructions.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stonepicker1,
Thanks for the link. Do you know if these come a set of instructions? Also nice M1028A2!:driver:
Download the TM 9-2320-289-34 Tech Manual. Chapter 4 covers the rebuilding of the alternator. it DOES have the very important "isolated ground" instructtions that the DelcoRemy manual does not.

Wolf.Dose

The regulator is a mass production Delco part, fitting for many altinators. The diodde plate is the 102 Amps version, which at least over here is a relativly common part, so it should be in the States. Inexpensive mass porduction of relatively low reliability. Keep parts on hand!
Wolf