• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AM General and Kaiser owners sought

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
David:
Have you hit up any of the state forestry auctions, they have dozens of trucks of all types, and they don't mind you spending all day looking at them at least not in the MO, KS, AR and OK regions I have been to. Just a thought.
James G.

Adamlee

kaiser reg info

DDoyle said:
Adamlee - my eyesight is not the best, so I struggle to read the info on the data plate that you posted. However, and correct me if I did not read this correctly, it appears the VIN is 0325-28273, and the registration number 04B-76270. If that is correct, you truck was ordered on the same contract as bottleworks, was also built without winch, and left the assembly line early in 1970.

David Doyle
sorry, I went and looked and what I read on my plate was 04B-76970 with a VIN of 0525-28273.

hope this helps! also, the truck has a non-turbo M/F motor with 1969 date codes throughout; so I assume it's likely the original motor. I have also attached a pic of the inner driver's door which is stenciled 04B-76970.

Attachments

123mack

I hav a M35A2 with serial number 012520206. The data plate reads M35A2 W/Winch. It came from the DRMO at Benning about 6 months before GL took over

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I just wanted to move this topic back to the top - I'm still working on making something meaningful from this data.
Any more VIN/serial/registration numbers appreciated.

Regards,
David Doyle

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
RE: Born that year

OD Coyote, do you happen to know the Army registration number for your truck - aka Hood or USA number?

Thanks,
David

OD_Coyote

David, Sorry, but I do not have the registration number. When I repaint the truck I will make a point to get the registration number then, if possible.

Regards,
C. D. Hunter

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Yours is in a somewhat troublesome range of numbers that I'm having some trouble with - but you haven't been forgotten.

Best,
David

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks