• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AM General parts website

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes, the standard is "if it's too good to be true, it usually is" applies to this.

You can also do searches about the website itself, you will find most of the scam sites have unusual names and have only been established for a couple months at most.

I'll stick with the big names in the game for my purchases, or possibly sales through Ebay on occasion, but I won't use any website I can't find actual history on.

Action

This makes me laugh. Sad that even the folks who make HMMWVs don't know that there is no such thing as an "A0". If anyone thinks I'm wrong, show me an "A0" in any TM and I'll go away.
AMG made the HMMWV, not the manuals. Maybe contact the publisher and ask why A0 isn't in there...
I agree, but "A0"showed up on the AM General website which was my point to begin with. Wouldn't you think that since they make the darned things, they would know? I've had dozens of MVs and not a single one was marked "A0" on the data plate. I'm convinced that "A0" only tends to confuse folks when looking things up.
AMG makes the HMMWV, not the manuals. Why not contact the publisher? They are located at 1 Rock Island Arsenal, Rock Island, IL 61299-7630. "humvee" is made up too.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AMG made the HMMWV, not the manuals. Maybe contact the publisher and ask why A0 isn't in there...

AMG makes the HMMWV, not the manuals. Why not contact the publisher? They are located at 1 Rock Island Arsenal, Rock Island, IL 61299-7630. "humvee" is made up too.
Who made the data plates on the HMMWV? Hmm, I think that was AM General. Funny, like the manual, there is no mention of "A0" on the data plate. As a matter of fact, there is nothing official related to any of these military trucks that has "A0" on it. No data plates, no manuals, no PS magazines, nada! Why contact the publisher, they got it right. No need to contact AM General, they got it right. The only folks who got it wrong are those referring to anything as an "A0" including this civilian parts and sales webmaster. As far as humvee, I know it's made up. Just like "A0", it appears on not a single official document or data plate.

I'm not going to make myself look stupid by contacting the publisher and asking why"A0" doesn't appear. I already know why, it's a made up term.

Action

Who made the data plates on the HMMWV? Hmm, I think that was AM General. Funny, like the manual, there is no mention of "A0" on the data plate. As a matter of fact, there is nothing official related to any of these military trucks that has "A0" on it. No data plates, no manuals, no PS magazines, nada! Why contact the publisher, they got it right. No need to contact AM General, they got it right. The only folks who got it wrong are those referring to anything as an "A0" including this civilian parts and sales webmaster. As far as humvee, I know it's made up. Just like "A0", it appears on not a single official document or data plate.

I'm not going to make myself look stupid by contacting the publisher and asking why"A0" doesn't appear. I already know why, it's a made up term.
In this post, you state AMG got it right. In post # 63 (below), you state AMG got it wrong. You don't need to contact the publisher to make yourself look a certain way...
And, what brings you to the HMMWV forum? You have a CUCV. Us HMMWV folks know what A0 is.
Happy Holidays !

This makes me laugh. Sad that even the folks who make HMMWVs don't know that there is no such thing as an "A0". If anyone thinks I'm wrong, show me an "A0" in any TM and I'll go away.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes, A0 was made up.
But then, so was everything else. At some point someone decided it was easier to call the previous generation "A0" rather than repeatedly saying "not A1" or "early version"

Until WWII came along WWI was simply known as "the great war" or other such names. It wasn't until another one came along that the need to differentiate between them came out.

All A0 means is that it isn't an A1 or A2 or any of that.

Can you think of a simpler way to say "M998 that isn't an A1 or A2 or anything newer"?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In this post, you state AMG got it right. In post # 63 (below), you state AMG got it wrong. You don't need to contact the publisher to make yourself look a certain way...
And, what brings you to the HMMWV forum? You have a CUCV. Us HMMWV folks know what A0 is.
Happy Holidays !
If you review post #83 you will see that I clarified that it was the webmaster of the civilian parts sales website that got it wrong. I've included the post below for your review. As far as why I'm in the HMMWV forum? Yes I have a CUCV amongst other things. The real reason I'm in the HMMWV forum is I moderate every forum on Steel Soldiers. I point out disinformation when I see it. One of the greatest things about a forum is it saves all of this great information for others to use. It doesn't do much good when someone is searching for topics to help with their M998 and the very information he/she needs is hidden in a forum where folks are incorrectly referring to the machine as an M998A0. It just screws everything up. You are welcome to call your machine anything you like but do your fellow collectors a favor, if referring something, it would sure help if it was right. Oh, I know what "A0" is too.

Can you think of a simpler way to say "M998 that isn't an A1 or A2 or anything newer"?
As a matter of fact, I sure can, M998. After all an M998 is exactly that. If it were an A1 folks would call it an M998A1.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boy they keep getting better and better (NOT)
An order came in today and only ONE of the SEVEN items was in the box, also the packing slip showed FOUR of the items shipped that were not in the box BUT there were FOUR items that were from a different order in the box that were NOT on the packing list, how the hell am I supposed to straighten this crap out???

Last edited:
Reactions: cwc

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I have still not received a response to three emails about this issue, would give customer service an F-

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AMG closes for 2 weeks over the holidays.
One of the guys actually called, unfortunately the wife and I were replacing a failed submersible well pump and I missed the call, he seemed genuinely concerned, seemed the guy handling my order retired.
I will give them a jingle on Monday...

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are the failed orders placed over the internet or by phone? Here's the number off their site.

1 (877) 782 - 0466

AM General has taken aggressive steps to make things better for the collector community. They are sponsoring the MVPA convention this year at South Bend, August 11 through 14. I'd say it's an Olive branch of realization they missed an important market. It's a quick flip of position for them so they could always use a feedback loop.

If they don't know already I'd say the administration would be real interested in following the 'order to door' delivery path. If we don't see parts rolling in I usually ask for the person that can fire the person that was supposed to fill the order. Since it's early in the game for the AM General folks, we should find out who's responsible for overseeing the folks that take and deliver the orders.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are the failed orders placed over the internet or by phone? Here's the number off their site.

1 (877) 782 - 0466

AM General has taken aggressive steps to make things better for the collector community. They are sponsoring the MVPA convention this year at South Bend, August 11 through 14. I'd say it's an Olive branch of realization they missed an important market. It's a quick flip of position for them so they could always use a feedback loop.

If they don't know already I'd say the administration would be real interested in following the 'order to door' delivery path. If we don't see parts rolling in I usually ask for the person that can fire the person that was supposed to fill the order. Since it's early in the game for the AM General folks, we should find out who's responsible for overseeing the folks that take and deliver the orders.
All my orders are online, nothing needs to be "translated" that way, should be the best way as what is ordered is plain to see and should lead to no mistakes.
I am glad they reached out to me, hopefully they will be able to improve the way they do business with the public, unfortunately dealing with the government they were no doubt insulated from the poor bastard in the field needing parts.....

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I talked to a very nice young man yesterday about my issues, he spent quite some time to get a good idea of what was going on, he had to go in and re-ship the items on the packing slip that were not in the box (otherwise I was never going to receive them as the system thought they had actually been shipped) and deleted the items that had been shipped and not accounted for.

He also explained the problems with the inventory availability, apparently they have two different sales systems, one for the new public domain and one for the Government, when an order hits the floor the person filling the order must first go and check to make sure there is not a hold on that item from the government system as they have first priority. I have dealt with this type of problem before, what is likely happening is gov. orders say 250 of an item that they only have 100 in stock so they have to place an order with the actual manufacture of that item, the problem is nothing is removed from inventory until the order is filled, SO they still show 100 in stock but there is a hold on them for the standing government order....

This no doubt could and should be fixed, So as said before they are best used as for "future stocking" than for "OMG I need that part", If you NEED a part call them and I am sure they will be happy to tell you, unfortunately for me of the 18 items on the two orders the only one item ultimately not available (albeit it took several weeks to get this straightened out) is the part I really NEEDED, but it should be available by the end of Jan. (fingers crossed)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks