• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AM General to make JLTV'S now

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter

ToddJK

Yeah, first ones to have the Duramax, at least that's what the army guys told me at the touch a truck event. I wonder if they keeping the same exact specs for AM general or if something else will change mechanically. The hybrid aspect of it is new to me as the article is the first I've heard of it.

owensexport

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, first ones to have the Duramax, at least that's what the army guys told me at the touch a truck event. I wonder if they keeping the same exact specs for AM general or if something else will change mechanically. The hybrid aspect of it is new to me as the article is the first I've heard of it.
The Government retained all the design rights for the JLTV. They put the package back
up for bid and AM General was the lowest bidder, we all know what that means
for quality in the long run. It will probably be exactly the same components as the
Oshkosh vehicle (until the cost overuns and other B.S. starts kicking in).

Oshkosh was upset and has filed a protest as they have fully worked out the bugs
in their production line. They are still building vehicles from the original contact
that they won.

ToddJK

The Government retained all the design rights for the JLTV. They put the package back
up for bid and AM General was the lowest bidder, we all know what that means
for quality in the long run. It will probably be exactly the same components as the
Oshkosh vehicle (until the cost overuns and other B.S. starts kicking in).

Oshkosh was upset and has filed a protest as they have fully worked out the bugs
in their production line. They are still building vehicles from the original contact
that they won.
Can't blame Oshkosh for being upset about it, but we know how the military loves to find the lowest bidder.
From all the current events going on from an Alien invasion to "weather balloons", they might subcontract more companies for vehicles and such in the near future. Who knows, maybe we'll see some anti-gravity powered military equipment so many has claimed the black government programs been working on at these highly classified facilities from recovered "UFO's."

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I grew up near AMG, and want them to succeed, but I agree with RWH, they seem to stay in business despite themselves. I was sorry when they didn't get the original LMTV contract, so this seems like good news, but they bash together some clunky trucks now and again.
I wish them the best all the same. Oh, and please lower HMMWV parts prices AMG, please!
BDGR

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks