• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AM General to make JLTV'S now

spankybear

Now Oshkosh knows what Stewart and Stevenson felt like when they ripped away the FMTV contract.
I am always a step behing you sir. I was going to post this. I believe Oshkosh deeply discounted the FMTV contract to get the JLTV... Boy will there be some splaning to do.;..

Gamble

474882DF-F3A2-4111-A2B3-722C6757FDB0.jpeg
So will AM General be bringing out their version of the JLTV (above) or will they takeover the mfg of the current Oshkosh produced vehicle. It seems an odd turn of events. I suppose that’s why Oshkosh is protesting.

Autonomy_Lost

View attachment 891511
So will AM General be bringing out their version of the JLTV (above) or will they takeover the mfg of the current Oshkosh produced vehicle. It seems an odd turn of events. I suppose that’s why Oshkosh is protesting.
From what I understand, the government owns the rights to the final design, so anyone can make it. The manufacturers were paid through grants to design the vehicles, so they dont own the design.

I'm sure AM General can outsource some of the components back to Oshkosh if that makes sense.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.