• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ambulance rear doors

AAVP7

Very nice M997, compliments.

When I bought my M997 top at the local military vehicle dealer, he had three ambulance tops there. ALL had either terminally damaged or missing rear doors. Mine was the only one that had at least one rear door present and undamaged. The other one was missing, though.

To hunt down a new RH side rear door was quite an effort. I finally caught what I like to believe to be the last M997 rear door in Europe at a dealer in the Netherlands. Had to pay for that door about half of what I paid for the whole ambulance top.

AAVP7

I checked out those M997A2s currently offered at GP.

Interestingly, they all seem to have been "demilled" by removing the CDR valve, but the DWF exhaust and the DWF intake are still there.
Also, all of the kevlar spall liners on the inside of the patient compartment haven´t been removed.

This is in contrast to a bunch of USMC M997s that were sold two years ago. They had all of the kevlar sheets removed from the rear compartent, so they looked like empty shells.

With the current GP M997s , I didn´t see the usual "no further demilitarization required" declaration, so maybe they will be mutilated further....

Pafcllc

Very nice M997, compliments.

When I bought my M997 top at the local military vehicle dealer, he had three ambulance tops there. ALL had either terminally damaged or missing rear doors. Mine was the only one that had at least one rear door present and undamaged. The other one was missing, though.

To hunt down a new RH side rear door was quite an effort. I finally caught what I like to believe to be the last M997 rear door in Europe at a dealer in the Netherlands. Had to pay for that door about half of what I paid for the whole ambulance top.
Any chance I can get some leads on getting the two rear doors and a step for newly acquired m997-a2. Thank You all in advance!

Attachments

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
My free guess.... Might be part of some "demil" process. Yet it a few years, another auction and there will be piles of them at BIG BUCKS.

Just a guess, as in X doors or other parts. CAMO

AAVP7

Any chance I can get some leads on getting the two rear doors and a step for newly acquired m997-a2. Thank You all in advance!
I think Austin in Texas (user Beltfed34) had some rear doors. He´s sometimes offering them on Ebay as well. And I think I´ve seen the rear steps at Kascar, but for big $$$.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually they were only 900 and 1200 and both sets sold quickly, you may want to contact him and see if he has any more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks