• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AN/GRR5 help needed

Cav Trooper

I have a an/grr5 that has quit working, we believe it is the vibrators that have failed. I am trying to find a source for them. Any one know where I can go to find some? It still works on 120vac, nothing on 24vdc. Vibrators are OAK numbers are V-6556 and V-6606, I have searched the internet but found nothing so far. I have a message into the Antique Radio Guys about solid state replacements also.

Thanks,
CT

Last edited:

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure if the GRR-5 has "synchronized" vibrators or not. The standard vibrators for these old radios are fairly easy to find, but if they are the same type as are used in the GRC-3, -5 & -7 ("synchronized" vibrators) it is a lot harder.

Try talking to Phil at Fair Radio. There is also a guy in the San Francisco area and Haney in Texas. The guy in San Fran has a website about Green Radios.

Prepare for your quest and adventure in Antique Radio Land.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks