• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AN/GRR5 help needed

Cav Trooper

I have a an/grr5 that has quit working, we believe it is the vibrators that have failed. I am trying to find a source for them. Any one know where I can go to find some? It still works on 120vac, nothing on 24vdc. Vibrators are OAK numbers are V-6556 and V-6606, I have searched the internet but found nothing so far. I have a message into the Antique Radio Guys about solid state replacements also.

Thanks,
CT

Last edited:

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure if the GRR-5 has "synchronized" vibrators or not. The standard vibrators for these old radios are fairly easy to find, but if they are the same type as are used in the GRC-3, -5 & -7 ("synchronized" vibrators) it is a lot harder.

Try talking to Phil at Fair Radio. There is also a guy in the San Francisco area and Haney in Texas. The guy in San Fran has a website about Green Radios.

Prepare for your quest and adventure in Antique Radio Land.....