• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

An overlooked 'spare' for your parts shelf

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The return fuel line and the flexible lines (from the fuel filter bowl to the metering pumps) have been covered well enough. The rigid metal lines from the pump to the separator base I have never experienced a failure on... but how about the line from the backside of the separator to the fuel filter bowl? I have recently had to exchange 2 of these out. If that starts leaking (or in my case, hemorrhaging) fuel, you aren't cutting line off a spool with some radiator clamps.

This line is a make item with fittings and a length of hose (17" to be exact). I just had one fabbed up at my local NAPA for $33 with (2) 1/4" JIC female fittings and 17" of hose. Might be smart to get one for yourself in these times of part sourcing unreliability.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice find! It sure looks correct 1/4" JIC equates to -4 (and the F would be the female termination). The inside hose diameter is slightly larger than the OEM unit, but of zero real world consequence.

Placing my order now. Appreciate the lookout Zed

Ray70

FYI, I have all my equipment and generator hoses made by WWW.DiscountHydraulichose.com
You go on the website, design the lines with whatever fittings and hose you want and it's a $10 flat rate assembly fee for each hose.
They ship to your door in 2-3 days.
I have found the best bang for the buck on long hoses for my Lull and backhoe.
a 10' long 3/8 dia. 4000 psi hose with 3/8" JIC ends was just $30 ea.
I have purchased dozens of generator fuel lines ( 1/4" and 5/16" JIC ends ) for about $14 ea. buy in bulk to save shipping costs, which are already reasonable through your choice of USPS, UPS or FedEx.
Of course this only works if you plan ahead... not much help during an emergency.....

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just looked at mine to see if it was leaking or seaping etc...I had a hard time even getting to the filter side connection! I assume pulling the filter off would give better access to it...question also, do you think this would work on the oil line that feeds the oil pressure sensor as well? It looks the same but not sure...if so it would make sense to have a few of these or just swap them out before the need arises.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I already got shipping confirmation on mine, we'll see if USPS manages to actually deliver them.
Now that needs to be in the joke of the day!

USPS even lost my entire first class IRS tax return never to be seen again.
I must send things return receipt or certified now as they "lost" one of my return receipts!

m32825

Swapped out my hoses with Surplus Center parts identified earlier in this thread, 12" hose attached to the fuel/water separator, 18" hose attached to the oil pressure sender. The sender end of the oil hose was tough to access. For the sanity of future readers, what's the "right way" to get at that end?

-- Carl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks