• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

And the wife rolls her eyes again.

Blood_of_Tyrants

Just won TWO M1009's from GSA. Got a great price for them, too, one for $405 and the other for $602. The wife just rolled her eyes and said, "Oh, goody." Funny thing is that she didn't sound all that excited. Hmmm, I'll have to think about that.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Women are like that. They really do like when their man buys toys for himself. What you have to do is tell her one is for her. I'm sure that will smooth things out. Let us know how that works.:roll:

greenjeepster

I bought two m35a2 today and even though my wife and I discussed it prior to bidding she still sighed when I won them. I find the old adage"it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission" to be completely wrong when it comes to wives.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Oh come on guys...haven't ya learned how to do this yet? Jeeze!!!

Get an elcheapo credit card worth maybe 6K that she don't know about.
Buy stuff and if she sees it just say...that ain't mine...it's (insert some friends name)!:roll:

How easy can it be?

Oh...make sure your first purchase is an M109 Shop Van or equivalent just in case ya need a place ta stay:wink:

blzrgb

I get the rolling eyes thing too. The latest time she caught me dragging home a 1008 her eyes rolled so far they actually came up from the bottom.:roll:

tripp2727

my wife told me she knew how to fix a few things on my 1009... i said really and she told me she could push it off a cliff and that would fix all my problems.

lavarok

Women are like that. They really do like when their man buys toys for himself. What you have to do is tell her one is for her. I'm sure that will smooth things out. Let us know how that works.:roll:
Paint one yellow and tell her it is hers....that worked for me!

ONTOS66

As a bachelor I don't have to concern myself with spousal approval of the various projects that I get myself involved with. My dog loves me regardless of what stupid things I do, and he usually likes the vehicles that I buy.

My neighbors are another story ...

;)

Attachments

greenjeepster

As a bachelor I don't have to concern myself with spousal approval of the various projects that I get myself involved with. My dog loves me regardless of what stupid things I do, and he usually likes the vehicles that I buy.

My neighbors are another story ...

;)
I guess I just got lucky. As a bachelor I always had rent to pay, truck payment, super high car insurance payment, could never afford the toys I wanted. Getting married tripled my income and dropped my insurance rates through the floor.

Now I have money for toys and a wife that can be talked into about anything with very little compromise other than that I do a lot of house work. That is a pretty fair trade off:-D

91W350

My wife could not care less. She has her little Honda Fit to buzz around the world in and she just tells me... "Whatever makes you happy." or "If you want one, buy one." She appreciates their ability in deep snow, but does not care to actually drive one. ;-)

She had her right shoulder crushed and two vertabrae broken in her neck in a car wreck. She does not have much shoulder-arm strength as a result. She could easily drive my CUCVs, but the old M-715s were too much for her.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks