• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

And Yet Another Way To Bob A Deuce!

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks really good mikew. You can tell you put a lot of time and effort into the details.

Tom_Statt

Awesome work man! I really like it, and good shot with the pictures! Gives me something to drool over. I was planning on doing some of the same mods to my truck, but wasen't sure how it would turn out, now that I have seen it, I'll probobly do it myself (monkey see, monkey do). Good luck with your next project!

mikew

Looks Great. I really like the seats where did they come from?
I got them off E-Bay.

There are several companies that customize new semi trucks for a living and sell the leftover bits on E-Bay.

The things to remember are:

You'll have to fabricate mounts for just about any seat, most likely nothing will bolt right in.

The cab of a Deuce is actually pretty small, so a lot of seats put you too close to the steering wheel. Keep an eye of how "deep" your replacement seats are.

Mike

MasterChief

Can you please tell me more (including sources) about running 12v accessories off the 24 v system?
I have high draw needs -such as lights for bed and plow and 12vdc-to-120vac converter and low draw needs like scanner , gps and radio.
Thanks!
Steve

crashcraddock

Wow that turned out nice. Must have a little OCD like me. Everything has to be just right, and in the end it's the little details that matter most. I will definitely be hitting you up for some help with my deuce purchase and build.

mikew

Can you please tell me more (including sources) about running 12v accessories off the 24 v system?
I have high draw needs -such as lights for bed and plow and 12vdc-to-120vac converter and low draw needs like scanner , gps and radio.
Thanks!
Steve
Steve,

As far as sources, I like to surf E-Bay. You can find a variety of products in all price ranges, that you can do further research on.

Convert anything you can to 24 volt instead of trying to drive it with 12 volt.

You probably can replace your 12 volt bed and plow light bulbs with 24 volt bulbs much cheaper than the cost of a 24 to 12 volt converter big enough to run the 12 volt bulbs.

For your 110 AC, use a 24 volt to 110 VAC inverter instead of converting 24 to 12 then to 110.

Search E-Bay for "24v converter" for 24 to 12 converters.
This is one I've used, 10 Amp, 120 Watt, waterproof:
10A DC-DC Power Supply Step Down Converter 24V to 12V - eBay (item 180488392591 end time Apr-30-10 09:30:22 PDT)

Search "24v inverter" for 24 to 110 AC inverters.
Here's an example of a 1500W inverter, there are lots of other ones too:
1500 /3000 Watt Power Inverter 24V DC to 110/120V AC - eBay (item 380220031256 end time Apr-28-10 16:46:07 PDT)

mikew

Thanks for all the kind words!

Sometimes being "wound too tight" can be pretty satisfying!

I started work on a new one last week, I'll put up some pictures when it starts to look like something.

Ronin Warrior

Need a hitch like that ,please!

MikeW,

That truck is awesome:drool: True definition of form & function. I really like the fact that you addressed the shortcomings in function to create a truly usable work truck, before adding the frills.

Detail attention is impeccable! [thumbzup]

Would you be willing to share that Curt Hitch model #? I sure could use one like that on my work truck.

RAD RIDE:beer: