• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M1010 owner

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the interior back together and got the reverse lights working. Had a setback on road testing because of some emergency tree work. Went and saw a patriot @aaronlewismusic , great time and will see again. But 50 miles so far and a trip to @brandywinebranch distillery to restock and a great meal! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #M1010 #cucv

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Started another project of gutting the AC unit in preparation for a window rattler. All the major pieces are out so the planning can begin. Since I have a DC to DC charger for the house battery I’m hoping to be able to have it running while rolling down the road. Might have to change some air flow for that. I completed the gender reassignment by removing the automatic stalk… 🤣. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #M1010 #cucv

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pulled the last part on the AC box to do some cutting and grinding on to fit the window rattler. I haven’t decided on the final cutting of the panels around the unit yet but doing some testing to see how it works. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #M1010 #cucv

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Pulled the last part on the AC box to do some cutting and grinding on to fit the window rattler. I haven’t decided on the final cutting of the panels around the unit yet but doing some testing to see how it works. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #M1010 #cucv
Looks pretty good so far to me...
Some trim when you get finished fitting it all in place - and it should be as nice as the picture of the inside.
:cool:

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got around to wiring up my pure sine inverter. I wasn’t totally sure if it would be enough to start to AC at 1000 watts (1750 surge) but it had no issue. It was a partly cloudy day but with direct sun on three panels I got great results with the AC running and still charging at 10.9 amps. So testing is going well! 👍. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #M1010 #cucv

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ve been working on the air flow for the window rattler. It pulls air in from the sides and pushes it out the back. The sides were totally blocked off. Now the inner wall is opened up and the outer wall has louvres for air access and keep rain out. The louvres will need a little paint to blend in. I got a sheet metal delivery today for the next step 🤔. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #M1010 #cucv

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I’ve been working on the air flow for the window rattler. It pulls air in from the sides and pushes it out the back. The sides were totally blocked off. Now the inner wall is opened up and the outer wall has louvres for air access and keep rain out. The louvres will need a little paint to blend in. I got a sheet metal delivery today for the next step 🤔. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #M1010 #cucv
Wonder if you need to put some sort of screening behind the louvres lovers to keep out nesting bees? Maybe not. They might just get "blown away" when you go roaring down the highway... Just suggesting - asking?

Last edited:

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder if you need to put some sort of screening behind the louvres lovers to keep out nesting bees? Maybe not. They might just get "blown away" when you go roaring down the highway... Just suggesting - asking?
I've thought about it but with all the original openings that were in the AC box it's the one spot on the truck that doesn't seem to have had nesting visitors from the past.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been working on the AC project and some other things but decided I needed a break. Buttoned her back together so nothing flew off and took her out for a spin. Went out to French Creek State Park for a little while then just put some miles on the road, 50 in total. Forgot to take a picture of cruising at 60 @ 2-2100 rpm. Nice change of pace rolling down the road! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #M1010 #cucv #campulance

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Other projects worked on… I used a NP205 boot to cover the transfer case shifter. It needs some training as it kept pulling back on the shifter. Took expanded sheet and made a screen for the old fresh air duct. Took other sheet and blocked off the front of the AC box. The sides and bottom will let in cool air and the hot will go out the top. Did another 40 miles today and took a pic of the gps and the tach in 5th. 👍. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #M1010 #cucv #campulance

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
8/22/22 @ 3:30 an angel ascended back to heaven...

Once again my salty tears fall upon your coat, but this time it's for you. You're no longer there to lick them from my face and comfort me with the nuzzle of your wet nose. For 14 years you were there with your smile, unconditional love and even jealousy. Such a funny girl that I was privileged to bond with. You rescued me more time that I can remember. Run fast and free! Till we meet again my sweet Sadie....

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
8/22/22 @ 3:30 an angel ascended back to heaven...

Once again my salty tears fall upon your coat, but this time it's for you. You're no longer there to lick them from my face and comfort me with the nuzzle of your wet nose. For 14 years you were there with your smile, unconditional love and even jealousy. Such a funny girl that I was privileged to bond with. You rescued me more time that I can remember. Run fast and free! Till we meet again my sweet Sadie....
What a sweetie!
Hate to hear that your baby girl is gone.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A special place for Sadie to rest! A heartfelt thanks to the special people, @cscottgordon and @j.gebhart who let me do this at @byhisgracefarm . And for a good friend Frank who colorized the photo. Gone but never forgotten… it’s strangely comforting to have her collar and leash on the mirror. She loved riding in the trucks. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks