• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M1010 owner

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got my radiator back! I spy some bigger tubes in there! Working on getting things back together. The new core fills the tanks out nicely! I also upgraded to a Haden HD fan clutch and a Derale 6 blade fan to complete the project. ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ #m1010 #cucv

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally finished up some spacers for my sway bar mounts so the collars donโ€™t hit the frame. I had cleaned and finally mounted up my overflow tank. I also fished a wire for a dome light and mounted a light up. I didnโ€™t get it wired up before the rains came. ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ #m1010 #cucv

Attachments

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally finished up some spacers for my sway bar mounts so the collars donโ€™t hit the frame. I had cleaned and finally mounted up my overflow tank. I also fished a wire for a dome light and mounted a light up. I didnโ€™t get it wired up before the rains came. ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ #m1010 #cucv
What's the purpose of adding the collars on the sway bar?

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Working with CAD to finally mount up the radio. Totally stole this from someone else! Also working on some sound deadening in the cab and the speaker mounts ( @7387com ). I threw the speakers in to see how they would look. Still have wiring to do. ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ #m1010 #cucv

Attachments

ehuppert

Used the same speaker brackets! Have access to fabrication tools, but they weren't that expensive and my time could be better spent! Also sound deadened with 3m deadner, and hunk of jute padding up in the cab "crevice" behind speakers!

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Used the same speaker brackets! Have access to fabrication tools, but they weren't that expensive and my time could be better spent! Also sound deadened with 3m deadner, and hunk of jute padding up in the cab "crevice" behind speakers!
The brackets fit nicely and are worth the money in my opinion. I'll add some poly fill in them with the final install.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Iโ€™ve been getting work done but havenโ€™t been good about documenting it. But, a few pics of progress. I did put some Eastwood platinum rust preventative on the floors and painted them, installed some sound deadener and heat shield. Wrestling with some vinyl floor covering and fully securing the seat brackets, I only drilled two holes and fabbed a couple brackets to secure the front without more holes. Diamond plate performs double duty as a step plate and securing the flooring. Continue wiring things up and cleaning things up. ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ #m1010 #cucv

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think Wednesday was the hottest day weโ€™ve had this year so letโ€™s take the M1010 out. ๐Ÿ™„ Temp was taken where the gauge sensor is, the gauge was a little above 180. Fan clutch never engaged... pretty happy with the results! ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ #m1010 #cucv

Attachments

jkmichael

Progress is being made...

Things are coming in and coming together... progress is being made on the fuel system and clean up continues. Seems slow but it has only been a week. Need to find some tank mounts and a skid plate for the other side. Also looking for a passenger side fenderwell...
Is this just the stock GM spin on filter and mount ?

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think Wednesday was the hottest day weโ€™ve had this year so letโ€™s take the M1010 out. ๐Ÿ™„ Temp was taken where the gauge sensor is, the gauge was a little above 180. Fan clutch never engaged... pretty happy with the results! ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ #m1010 #cucv
Come on over to the high desert. I can't keep my M1028 below 210 driving home in the afternoon heat. Outside temp anywhere from 106-112 these days. Somedays even more.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Come on over to the high desert. I can't keep my M1028 below 210 driving home in the afternoon heat. Outside temp anywhere from 106-112 these days. Somedays even more.
I just followed some of the recommendations of others from here: How to keep her cool? Guys in AZ keeping their temps down.

I drove her quit a bit Sunday and had the temp go up some (188-189) after driving for several hours then running at 55-60 for a while but I need to double check my thermostat. I do believe it's 190 degree

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just followed some of the recommendations of others from here: How to keep her cool? Guys in AZ keeping their temps down.

I drove her quit a bit Sunday and had the temp go up some (188-189) after driving for several hours then running at 55-60 for a while but I need to double check my thermostat. I do believe it's 190 degree
A 190 degree thermostat doesn't open fully until 207 degrees.

I never have any trouble when the outside temp is 90 or below. My truck runs 180 to 190 all day, everyday, with a 170 degree thermostat (full open 197). It's just what I have to deal with here driving a 6.2 powered 8500lb wrecker.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally getting around to utilizing the other bracket the M1010 has on the floor. Tired of my extinguisher rolling around and being stuffed under a seat. @kodiakmetalworks provided a bracket which has holes almost dead on for the existing holes. I threw my old extinguisher ๐Ÿงฏ in currently but I have a Halotron one ordered. ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ #m1010 #cucv

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally getting around to working on the erector set again. Needed a table big enough to set it up on. I did test it on the rooftop with the slider complete and found a couple clearance issues, nothing a couple more pieces of aluminum wonโ€™t fix. My solar charge controller and cables came in so hopefully this can be checked off soon. ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ #m1010 #cucv

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trial and error. Still doing fitting and testing with all the panels. The linear actuator doesnโ€™t have any issues with the push or pull but the sliders seem a little out of alignment. ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ #m1010 #cucv

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks