• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M35A2 Tractor Conversion With A Major LDT-465-1C mods

rebelcummins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDsDofhgE6A
forward the show to 5:50...
Keep in mind i'm running 75%+more fuel rate, 4th gear on transmission and low side of transfer case, pushing 22-28 psi of boost and i engaged 6x6 3/4 of the way up the hill.1150-1200*s. All on a Small Modifacation. I was just playing with the throttle too keep EGT's Down..
New Injectors
New whistler
And a Secret (iI will not say too much at this time)

ATTN to all members you will not know its me when i roll up to the next rally, this is a top secret build. Pics will be shown later next
year. I may need some parts off some of you if you have what i need. When i'm done with the engine it will be able to withstand 30 PSI of boost and no the engine will not grenade. I cant give out all my secrets now but if you show up to the next haspin rally in Indiana ill show you, but, ill post pics as I go.

Running a LDT-465-1C, small modifacation, AKA The small secret. I will tell you this, After i get the other stuff done(the big secret)it will hold up to 30 PSI.
What im working on for it, New intake manifold that delets the after cooler, and intercooler setup. thats all im giving right now.

Project may start in 10 Days.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDsDofhgE6A
forward the show to 5:50...
Keep in mind i'm running 75%+more fuel rate, 4th gear on transmission and low side of transfer case, pushing 22-28 psi of boost and i engaged 6x6 3/4 of the way up the hill.1150-1200*s. All on a Small Modifacation. I was just playing with the throttle too keep EGT's Down..
New Injectors
New whistler
And a Secret (iI will not say too much at this time)

ATTN to all members you will not know its me when i roll up to the next rally, this is a top secret build. Pics will be shown later next
year. I may need some parts off some of you if you have what i need. When i'm done with the engine it will be able to withstand 30 PSI of boost and no the engine will not grenade. I cant give out all my secrets now but if you show up to the next haspin rally in Indiana ill show you, but, ill post pics as I go.

Running a LDT-465-1C, small modifacation, AKA The small secret. I will tell you this, After i get the other stuff done(the big secret)it will hold up to 30 PSI.
What im working on for it, New intake manifold that delets the after cooler, and intercooler setup. thats all im giving right now.

Project may start in 10 Days.
Hope to meet up with you at SWB's sometime. I know where you can get tractor parts for your truck semi locally. Maybe JW will see this thread and post up!

rebelcummins

well the deuce tractor conversion will not be happening on this deuce. I'm sorry to say its going to stay as a modified cargo truck.
I will be however installing an intercooler, different turbo with wastegate (not a military turbo), 11.00x20 ndcc's, more lights and paint.
this project will start in april. i will have pic's up for the engine build. thanks.

rebelcummins

Too bad you are way up in Ohio cause my 275 with LDS might just blow yer doors off.
lol, and thats probably true im not going for speed unless i had powersteering so im more on the power side. I tune most diesel for power but, who knows that may change latter on in life. send me a pm on your 275 and what you have done to it.
Hope to meet you some time, have a good day NDT.

chux72vette

Yeah, for real!!! I just need help going up hills and not slowing to a crawl,,,lol. Gotta do more with the fuel delivery or something. Can't afford a whistler yet.

flatheadvff

I'll just say, if the nucklehead on the dirt bike would have been me you would have wondered, What was that that just flew by? Mud rideing was my specialty, I have gotten older though and the connection between brain and wrist has gained strength.:D

rebelcummins

Small secret

Sorry to all, with my health issues I was having and losing my job I stopped all un-neccisary spending for medical reasons.

I will tell you if you have a multi fuel
step one is the injectors: have someone repop pressure set them, you want them to pop at hire pressure than stock. Theses injectors can only be staged out so far.
step 2: bypass FDC: once the injectors are set to pop at higher pressures the FDC won't do it's job and cause issues.
step 3: turn fuel metering screw up. I turned mine up in 1/4 turn incraments till you feel comfortable with settings.
step 3: delet oversized air filter system. Make your own as I did. Use an AFE filter.
Step 4: boost and pyro gauges.

I you do all of these steps it's about 80-100 hp increase with little money.
I'm still working on an air to air intercooler setup for the deuces.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks