• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another MEP-003a for my buddy but.....

Sundance

Picked up a trailer mounted MEP-003a from Fort Jackson for a friend and hauled it home this past weekend. Got it running last night and everything worked great.

Took it over to my bud's house so he could unload it with his tractor and that's when the shtf.:-(

As he was clearing the trailer and backing up he started tipping slightly, panicked, and dropped the load from about 3 feet high.aua

After taking the silencer panels off I discovered all 4 motor mounts have seperated. The rubber isolators have come loose from the steel outer washers. It looked like that was all that was damaged so we started her up again just to check and all was well so immediately shut her down.

Now we need to find 4 replacement motor mounts. Anybody have a supply of them?

I new I shouldn't have sold my donor unit so quickly.:doh:

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
good luck finding them...if you find a good source let me know, I have a unit that needs two!!!!!

woodyNla

To be honest, they look like the lord mounts on a Cessna single. Try here and see if anything matches.
HTML:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/ep/mounts.html

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's the price for 25???

I surely do not need 25 of them, but we might be able to get a group buy put together.

Sundance

I found them through Aviall, but min order is 25.

I tracked down the manufacturer that originally sold the rubber mounts to Cummins (Onan) yesterday and talked to one of their Engineers. The original part number was J-12021-3 but these are obsolete. Part number J-12021-4 is still available and the only difference is that the -4 is for colder weather. Thru their distributer they would only sell with a minimum of a 500 piece order.

So if Aviall has them in stock and only 25 required for an order I'm in.

BTW the part number is for just one rubber piece, not the entire kit which includes 2 rubber pieces and a spacer.

woodyNla

No idea of the price because it had the "request a quote" button instead. I have contacted my Aviall rep and he is attempting to find out the cost. He also is going to try to find someone who may sell lessor quantities. Will post the info when he emails it to me.

woodyNla

Here is the reply I got by email.

"We did not have any luck on this, Dallas was not able to come up anything. The only thing I could do is go out for price and lead time from Lord direct on a 25 pc min. Let me know if you would like me to go that route. "

I answered that I would see what you guys thought and get back to him.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the reply I got by email.

"We did not have any luck on this, Dallas was not able to come up anything. The only thing I could do is go out for price and lead time from Lord direct on a 25 pc min. Let me know if you would like me to go that route. "

I answered that I would see what you guys thought and get back to him.

I would ask what they want for a 25 piece order...or 26 since you need 2 per mount (if it's just the rubber) and we'll go from there...you could probably get enough people to order 25 of them.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure a machinist could make them easy enough, but how much would they charge for it??? probably more than it would cost to just order the quantity of 25 or so and distribute them among the SS members who want them.

Sundance

They might be a little more complicated than they appear. I tried posting the drawing but you can't open it for some reason. The rubber part is actually not concentric and is designed to rotate slightly as the load is applied before final tightening of the bolts. That is why there is a small indexing pin holding them in alignment. Not saying they can't be made,only advising what the design engineer said.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sundance,

When you post PDF files you need to right click on them and select "open in a new window". It opens just fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks