• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another MEP-802A problem child

ufc702

I'm not getting readings from the lugs, got readings from the convenience outlets. Am I doing something wrong? Where should I start looking? Thanks

ufc702

So far I pulled the panels tested K1 and got power at C1, B1, A1 but nothing at A2, B2, C2 I also don't have readings off of X, Y, 11, & 12 where should I be looking at? Tested the relays they seem to be good.

Guyfang

Staff member
Look at the schematics. What tells K-1 to close? When you push up S-5, (A.C. circuit interrupter) whats suposed to happen? You should get a signal at K-1, terminal Y, or X, can't remember and am not at my computer so I can not look. But in any case, one of the wires should have 24 volts. If not, go from there. Its not hard, take it one thing at a time. Trace it back to the S-5. You can also follow the trouble shooting diagram in the book. Its well written for this problem. It explains how to test the K-1 also. Easy and you don't even have to remove it or have the set running.

ufc702

Look at the schematics. What tells K-1 to close? When you push up S-5, (A.C. circuit interrupter) whats suposed to happen? You should get a signal at K-1, terminal Y, or X, can't remember and am not at my computer so I can not look. But in any case, one of the wires should have 24 volts. If not, go from there. Its not hard, take it one thing at a time. Trace it back to the S-5. You can also follow the trouble shooting diagram in the book. Its well written for this problem. It explains how to test the K-1 also. Easy and you don't even have to remove it or have the set running.
Been busy with work, gonna get back to it sometime next week, will log my progress. Thank You Guyfang!

ufc702

ok so I was able to get to it today, After reading the TM I discovered that I never pushed up S-5 to send the signal to K1 so once I did that got readings instantly. Going to go over the gen more during the week as time permits but I want to get this dialed in, I enjoy learning how this thing works and discovering issues and working them out

ufc702

Ah, good old S-5. You will never forget that in you next 60 years.
You got that right!

Ok so everything is running smoothly and working like it should. I'm thinking of picking one up for a jobsite on another island and I was looking at the trailer mounted units, anything I should be looking out for on both the generator and the trailer?

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You got that right!

Ok so everything is running smoothly and working like it should. I'm thinking of picking one up for a jobsite on another island and I was looking at the trailer mounted units, anything I should be looking out for on both the generator and the trailer?
Howdy,
Since you are thinking about it. I would suggest you go and inspect the units before you bid on them. You can look at everything. Pictures are good, but physically inspecting is always better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks