• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Answer to the age old question-m35a2

1944mb

So what is it women really want? A deuce of course!!! I should know I have four of them-women that is(actually don't have a clue what the older one wants, but the young ones wanted a deuce!). I wanted to take the time to thank everyone, with a special thanks to okie1008morrison and usmc 00-08! I've been scouring SS the past few months gathering data on this truck. It rolled off the flatbed and died for a guy thatbought and sold these trucks. He never got back to it. This truck has been sitting in my area now for about 4 years and I finally couldn't stand it any longer-I know I'm a slow mover. I have some work to do on it but after reading a bunch of posts found the problem-a kinked fuel line under the radiator. Of course I plan to change the filters, drain/check condition of fuel and a bunch of other stuff before departing for a 40 mile drive home. I'll post some more pics as I go. But wanted to start off with a big thank you for everyone in the past for sharing their information about these trucks, perhaps the fuel issue is more than this line, but it is pretty well smashed shut.

Attachments

Last edited:

ageregunner

Yes, this forum is the best place for MV information. The truck looks nice, and I am sure you will get it running. Then your four deuce lovers will be happy as can be when you are driving them through your beautiful state.

1944mb

So on my first list of things to replace, I need a passenger lower seat cushion, and the fuel line from the primary filter under the radiator-that line almost looked like copper? Where is the best place to scrounge that stuff up?

1944mb

My first order of business was to pull the batteries. The battery tray was the updated plastic one. Gonna try trickle charging these, which is probably pointless, but worth a shot. The batteries have stamped shipped 2009. The truck sat here in Montana from about 2011ish on. Just maybe they will hold a charge. But I'm sure new batteries will be the order of the day.

Attachments

Flyingvan911

Congrats on the deuce. You might consider getting type 31MHD batteries with the screw posts. The post and terminals on a deuce can be a source of hassle if corrosion starts between the post and terminal. Just remove the terminals and the battery cable connections slide right over the screw posts on the batteries. It also makes it easier to make sure the connections are tight. Just check them with a combo wrench real quick.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice ol' truck, even has a winch. As for the batteries, they are right on the edge of survival age, top them off with distilled water and let them soak (charge slow). They will probably show good voltage with a meter, however they need to be loaded tested w/ a load meter. Autozone will load test them if you do not have a load meter. If they pass the load test, clean the posts real well and re-install.

OkieM1008morrison

I think you will be more than happy once you start driving and using that m35! I have 4 parts m35's that have lots of parts including that copper fuel line! looking forwards to you making a trip down to Oklahoma to see us!

USMC 00-08

That fuel line is hopefully all of the problem. I wonder what smashed it up like that?

Is that first picture from yesterday with the ladies wearing jackets??!! It is close to 100 degrees down here with the heat index at 121. I need to move further north.

You might consider one of these for your batteries. I am having really good luck with mine so far.

Battery Tender.jpg

1944mb

That fuel line is hopefully all of the problem. I wonder what smashed it up like that?

Is that first picture from yesterday with the ladies wearing jackets??!! It is close to 100 degrees down here with the heat index at 121. I need to move further north.

You might consider one of these for your batteries. I am having really good luck with mine so far.

View attachment 628764
they are wearing jackets. After that 95-100 degrees we had last week it dropped back down to 60 degrees and was about 45 last night. Of course our humidity is only about 20% even when it is hot! I wouldn't make it in ok with the humidity!
I have one for one battery setup, but not two. You've had good luck with them? I kind of thought the one I had was on he fritz cause it would leave kind of a calcium type residue(by look that is) by the battery caps song was worried it was over charging them.

USMC 00-08

So far no ill effects on mine and the battery gauge is staying in the green. I have been very pleased. I've only had it about 2 months so hopefully it stays good....

100_2805.jpg

So on my first list of things to replace, I need a passenger lower seat cushion, and the fuel line from the primary filter under the radiator-that line almost looked like copper? Where is the best place to scrounge that stuff up?
If was me, I'd do what Bonedoc did and replace that line with steel braided hose, relocating it to the top of the frame member to protect it some.

He has a thread in the deuce hotrodding section. Worth checking out.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks