• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anti-Theft System Suggestions?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One other measure is to build a locking gate to secure the transfer case in neutral. I also rigged a padlock on mt E-brake handle stop curious folk from unlocking the brake.

scooter01922

Well that works. Where does the bottom of that angle iron attach, bend it a bit and use the 2 rear bolts that hold the thing to the floor?

BEASTMASTER

you can lock the doors or i use a small piece of chain around the door handle and to the grab handle with a padlock. keeps the kids out. if someone really wants it they WILL take it.

BMCUSNAVY

How do I post a thread....

I have read & read.... someone please break it down to elemantery..... and tell me how too post a new thread on this forum........ Thanks.......

wsucougarx

My '86 has 4 antitheft features that came with the truck (San Diego deuce, naturally needs it:razz:)

1) The old chain around the steering wheel bit w/lock
2) Keyed ignition switch in place of the accessory switch lever
3) Floor mounted transfter case lock out bracket w/lock (keeps transfer case locked in neutral)
4) Fuel cutoff lever has a lockout tab w/small lock to keep fuel shutoff

Also, the fuel cap has a lockout on it as well. This truck is FT Knox'd:p

tm america

bmcusnavy just click on forum then look for the forum that most closely matches what you want to post click on it and near the top you'll see new thread click on it then you can start a new thread

Militoy

One other measure is to build a locking gate to secure the transfer case in neutral. I also rigged a padlock on mt E-brake handle stop curious folk from unlocking the brake.
The transfer lock is the same method I have used for years to lock up my Gama Goat. It was still stolen out of my front yard a few years ago by some very determined tweakers with a pair of bolt cutters - so I have since added a few other deterrents. I have a hidden relay that adds an interlock to the starter circuit - in order to turn the starter over, you need to push the start button - AND the horn button at the same time. For times when I'm parked overnight in a public area, I have a hidden manual fuel shut-off valve. Based on your photos - I'm now thinking of rigging an E-brake lock as well.

After my truck was stolen and recovered, it took several years to fix all the damage and get it back on the road. There was some difficulty locating a few hard-to-get parts - but even though Deuce parts are a little easier to source than Goat parts - who needs the hassle?! Extra security ain't a bad idea.

Attachments

gerrykan

I have a hidden relay that adds an interlock to the starter circuit - in order to turn the starter over, you need to push the start button - AND the horn button at the same time. I have a hidden manual fuel shut-off valve. Extra security ain't a bad idea.
The best security measure might be to not announce your security measures over the World-Wide-Web.

Militoy

The best security measure might be to not announce your security measures over the World-Wide-Web.
Umm - very good thought - but then again, there might be a few additional steps that need to be taken to avoid setting off a few security measures that I forgot to mention. This "ain't my first rodeo".

Chinookpilot77

I know once I get my deuce I'm just going to install a butterfly valve on the fuel line under the truck...just like old school motorcycles. Very simple, and it'll do the trick nicely.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks