• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any members interested in free trailer parts?

PUZZLED

Hello,
I just picked up a deal from an ad on Houston CL for trailer parts and now have a truck load of extra parts. I do not have enough post to put an add in the classifieds so i am here.

I only bought this stuff for the two wheels and tires, although it looks like I may be able to use the hubs and drums on my Deuce.

EVERYTHING else is for free to whomever wants to some dig it out of my truck.
I have the fiberglass side boards (cracks in a few spots), the front jack stand w/ wheels, leaf springs, hangers and brackets, and all sorts of other stuff the guy just kept piling in my truck. If you want this stuff, come get it out of my truck.

I live in NW Houston and work near 290 @ 1960

Call Matt @ 832-794-6242

Thank you

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, you got some good stuff there, but the distance issue sucks. I'm sure you'll be able to help someone out.

Tlauden

Sorry don't need anything but be prepared to be hammered with reply's about ads not aloud in the forums. Especially ads that start out with I know I don't have enough posts But....

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Sorry don't need anything but be prepared to be hammered with reply's about ads not aloud in the forums. Especially ads that start out with I know I don't have enough posts But....
Aww..come on now...he's not trying to buy or sell anything, he just offered stuff...free.[thumbzup]

No harm in that!!! IMO:grin:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be in for the landing gear and brake parts for my MKT and I can probably make it tomorrow to help get them cleared out of your pickup.

PUZZLED

Ought to give the guy 50 free posts just for offering up this stuff. 2cents
Now that sounds like a novel idea :grin:

I know how the forum stuff works, I owned GSXRPaddock.com for the last 2 years of its life and had to deal w/ ALL of the b.s. w/ very little help. Thank Jeebus for moderators that have boring desk jobs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all the comments. The dude i got the parts from put a light trailer axle, springs, and wheels under the main body to pull behind his F-250 (prollly couldn't pull it otherwise) and posted this stuff up for twice what i paid. Didn't think he'd bite on my offer, but when he did i flew down and scooped it up. Figured someone here could use the bits that i don't.

Anyone know for sure if the brake shoes, misc parts, and drums will work on the Deuce. I know thats a tuffy to ask w/o a good shot of the parts, but worth a response if someone happens to know of swapping trailer parts.

If not, mkcoen will be draggin that stuff home soon (you will have to take the whole D@*n axle if you want the brakes though.... that puppy is heavy)

If any of my trash is enough treasure to anyone here i will ship for you. Just know that its on my spare time and at YOUR expense. I know its hard to find good parts some times, so i'll help all i can.

Thanks again,
Matt R

3dAngus

You're a good man, and a great SSer' for helping out some friends here with free parts.

I love this site.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're a good man, and a great SSer' for helping out some friends here with free parts.

I love this site.
My sentiments exactly. And luckily I just want the "brake line" parts like the master cylinder and air tank not the drums or pads so my load should be a little lighter.

oldMan99

I'm not sure exactly what the "Add to this users Rep power" button does but I believe it is a good thing.

I also believe most people don't think of using that button, so in a case like this, where you have a relatively new member offering a literal truck load of stuff to members for free...... I'll simply say.... You might want to think about it, and clicking on his thanks button too...

I know I did both... :)

PUZZLED

I'm not sure exactly what the "Add to this users Rep power" button does but I believe it is a good thing.

I also believe most people don't think of using that button, so in a case like this, where you have a relatively new member offering a literal truck load of stuff to members for free...... I'll simply say.... You might want to think about it, and clicking on his thanks button too...

I know I did both... :)
And thanks to you as well[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks