• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any one had a problem like this on a M936A1

calvin3103

I went to go pick up my M936A1 wrecker from the GL yard today, and did all fluid checks and jumped it cranked right up had a rough idle but smooth out, air was pumping good i checked the red glad hand and air came rushing out so i put on my glad hand airhose was airing up the tire then after a while there was no air coming out but had air on the gauges inside so i hit the brake release and pump the brakes then all the air went out and will not charge up its like the compressor just went out, unless there is a trick to this thought i was going to drive this babby out today only had a few hours to get it running before thay go home.
thanks.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are also relay, and quick release valves in the brake system. If one onf thoes stick open, a perfeactly functioning air system, cannot keep up with the leak it creates. Its even hard to find it. You can crawl under the truck and look, listen, and feel for what might be a leaky air valve. That can be hard because the engine juast about has to be running to be pumping air. You had air, so my guess is something is stuck open. I carry a spray can of silicone lube. Put some of that in the out put line of your compressor. Good luck

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As to the question in the title, I'm sure someone has. To help others in searching, the topic of the thread really needs to be in the title. Good luck sorting this out.

tony99561

Take the fresh air intake for the cxompressor loose and spay a little wd-40 or equivalent while it's running. Sounds like the unloader valves in the compressor head are stuck. The fresh air pickup is normally tied directly into the intake tube for the engine.aua

builderboy

my air dryer stuck open, and then I had to take all the valves out of the brake system, clean them and reinstall. Sounds excatley like what happened to me. My compressor was working fine.