• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any other anti-theft ideas Guys?

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Anyone have any close up pics of the accessory switch lock they could post here. I might try my hand at some once I get my current obligation done with.

area52

My first deuce I purchase through GL had a generic ignition switch in place of the accessory switch. Its pretty easy to put one in its place.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a thread with some good pics on the accy switch lock, but it was a while ago.. I'd say do a search, but we all know how that goes.......

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I found a few other pics. Not all the same though. It looks easy enough to make. It looks like a hole would have to be drilled in the dash to make it work which some might balk at though.

I am drawing a blank on the fellow SS member's name this sec., but he did a real nice job installing a dead bolt in the drivers door.

davidkroberts

the previous owner of mine took a convoy light switch and mounted it in where you wouldnt find it unless you knew where to look. Its mounted through the vehicle ground wire

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got the chain on mine but never used it. I don't think a deuce is on the car thief's "wish" list.
Because
1) your common thug wouldn't know how to start or drive it.
2) you couldn't make a fast getaway.
3) it sticks out like a sore thumb going down the road.
4) It's hard to hide if you do manage get it to your "hideout"

Now vandalisim is another story. For some reason people will vandalize anything for no reason whatsoever :? .

My 66 M35 locks the OEM doors if you actuate the inner door handle foward - so I just lock the pass side, open the latch on the front window; shut the driver door and reach in to lock it from the front window. Shut the window and no one ever thinks to open the windscreen and run the inner door lock.

I also take off the last neg terminal in the battery box - keeps the charge more than theft det.

HTH

Matt

saddamsnightmare

April 12th, 2008.

The one with the drivers windshield unlatched is right out of Pittsburgh Railways Co. and the streamlined PCC cars(1930-1950's..... We would leave the vent window unltched and the door switches open, then reach in, trip the switches and close the vent window..... works really, really, well. But Oh heck, lets get some titanium alloy chain from our friends at GL and just chain the front axle or bumper to the nearest redwood or other substantial tree.....

Let's face it, outside of New York and LA where nobody knows nothing..... If you steal our deuces in most rural areas, every cop in 50 miles knows whose deuce that is, and if you ain't driving it, there's gonna be heck to pay.
Every cop in two towns and one county at least knows my truck, and the getaway isn't going to be high speed, nor is it going to be exciting, likely I'll just be welding up some bullet holes and flushing out the cab (after all, isn't that what the drain slots are for in the cab door gussett plates?), which suits me and the Texas cops really well, as dead perps don't sue.... I did think the stop engine lock device was pretty cool, and being a blacksmith I just have to get off my Burro and bend one up.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
""??"" Johnsom Mfg. Co. M105A2 1-1/2 Ton Trailer, MERDC or NATO 4 color Woodland Camo, Ok.Army NG.
1967 MEP20A Hercules Generator Set in OD
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S404.114 Mercedes Benz, NATO Green

Low-Tech-Redneck

Ignorance and a manual transmission will defeat 99% of all potential Deuce thieves :)

But I do like the idea of a locking collar or bracket around the engine stop lever, that way you don't have to mess up any of the "stock" parts of the system.

littlebob

A determined thief with knowledge can take your truck no matter what you do if it is left in a secluded spot. It will also be a lot more prone to vandels. I have seen a few threads on this subject and most are mostly concerned with the messing with the vehicle while in a parking lot or in the front yard. All of the solutions listed above and in previous threads are good, but I like a hidden fuel shutoff above best in your situation. Mine will never be far away, so I will
probably just try a battery disconnect(hidden) for mine. I don't steal trucks, but if I did the fuel shutoff would probably be the best way to stop me.
littlebob

steelandcanvas

wanderingwillys said:
My 66 M35 locks the OEM doors if you actuate the inner door handle foward - so I just lock the pass side, open the latch on the front window; shut the driver door and reach in to lock it from the front window. Shut the window and no one ever thinks to open the windscreen and run the inner door lock.

I also take off the last neg terminal in the battery box - keeps the charge more than theft det.

HTH

Matt
We used to do this to keep the Knuckleheads out of our trucks in the motorpool. Used to work too, they just go on to easier pickin's and steal someone else's stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks