• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any tips on removing upper torque rods?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Glad it worked. I would of probably had a conniption fit and went and got my plasma cutter after the first hour or so.

searls84

Reviving an old thread here.... But how in the world did you get to the nuts for the upper torque rods!???? I spent most of the afternoon trying to figure it out how to get them off. Flexed the axle both ways but still can't get to it. I know I'm over thinking this, what's the trick?

image.jpg. image.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Couple people have said they removed the spring pack. I had to replace the u bolts last time I removed one. Not sure if there is enough room for a socket and breaker bar.

searls84

Couple people have said they removed the spring pack. I had to replace the u bolts last time I removed one. Not sure if there is enough room for a socket and breaker bar.
That's what I'm afraid of, having to replaced the u-bolts if I pull the spring pack. I'm going to attempt cutting down a socket to make it short enough to fit in between... Ill post my results and a pic..Thanks for the feed back!

searls84

It worked! I went down to Tractor Supply and bought a "cheap" $9, 1.5" socket and chopped about 3/4" off it, and bingo! Slid right in. Hopefully this will save the next guy from having to remove the spring pack!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks