• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OH Anybody have USAA for their military vehicle?

AFGVET

Even if you found someone at USAA to write for your M35 I wouldn't do it.
Heck, I would not get any USAA insurance products since their reorganization after their merger.
I had USAA since I was 16 (1983) and every interaction with them was good up until they reorg-ed.

Quite frankly, I think the whole company has gone down the toilet.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
USAA insures my M38, My M880s. They won't insure my Harley though and I have that through Progressive, which they have an agreement with. (literally progressive for USAA customers).

Some may have to do with how "little" information is on NC titles. There's simply not a lot to go on. Both my M880s and the M38 are listed as Antiques.
I guess it depends upon who you speak with at USAA.......that in itself is disappointing.....I was told no FMV, not even a simple M1009.....now I hear others are insured......strange, really strange...,.

AFGVET

Marchplumber,
There is a lot that is left up to the individual agents as to how they offer the vehicle for coverage.
And with that type of "inventive ingenuity" they will get and have coverage. (such as listing as Antiques, or standard chevy blazer for M1009s)
BUT
That comes with more risk than I am will to take.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Marchplumber,
There is a lot that is left up to the individual agents as to how they offer the vehicle for coverage.
And with that type of "inventive ingenuity" they will get and have coverage. (such as listing as Antiques, or standard chevy blazer for M1009s)
BUT
That comes with more risk than I am will to take.
Yeah, when poop hits the fan isn't a time to find out vehicles were "wrongly" insured and in fact are not covered......I understood the "no FMV at all" but find the hit and miss attitude concerning and disheartening......

deank

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all,

I used usaa to insure my m1031 with no issues. They list it as a chevy D30. Just under $600 a year full coverage.

Texwoodz

My insurance guy is a writer for Hagerty. He actually got Deuce covered cheaper than Hagerty’s online quote. I am in Ohio if you need a contact. Took me less than 48hrs, no driving restrictions or parking/storage restrictions. Mine isn’t even tagged as antique; I put standard plates on it so I can drive as much as I want.
DaneGer21 I just read your comment about hagerty insurance and I need your contact. I’m in Dayton Ohio and am paying 1200 a year to insure my 1953 gmc m211 that I only drive a few times a month and has regular tags on it

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DaneGer21 I just read your comment about hagerty insurance and I need your contact. I’m in Dayton Ohio and am paying 1200 a year to insure my 1953 gmc m211 that I only drive a few times a month and has regular tags on it
I'm only paying $450 I think for my deuce, and that's with a little extra coverage through Progressive.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have historical tags. The guy I bought it from had truck tags, but the DMV women up here were so effing clueless, I just settled for historic tags. I have to keep it under a 200 mile radius of travel, or it's a higher rate.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm late to the party.

2012- I bought my first M1009, USAA insured it
2013(?) -USAA insured my M1010.
2015 - USAA refused to insure my M934
2015 - USAA insured my M1031
2017 - Sold my M1010 to my mom, USAA refused to insure it. When I brought up that it was insured for years with them and they were currently insuring my M1031 they told me not to say anything because they'd cancel it if they knew.
2019 - USAA refused to insure M1009 #2 - Again I brought up my M1010 and M1031 - which they had just paid out an accident claim on not that long ago, and again they said don't make it an issue because the M1031 isn't supposed to be insured through USAA.

I now run Hagerty for everything. 3 vehicles combined ~45K stated value with roadside and all that for ~$800/yr.

Much cheaper/easier to deal with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks