• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody know what this (and leaking)?

caldreamz

Hi All,
I went out to continue work on my M1009 and found a puddle under the right rear leaf springs. It seems to be coming from this but with the spill mixed with rain I can't quite get a smell to tell what it is (or maybe I'm just congested)
IMG_6495.jpeg

Attachments

caldreamz

I haven't tracked that far back yet. The rain sort of killed my ambition and I didn't feel like putting on a full kit until I had more coffee :)

Squibbly

Vent for the rear differential?
The vents for the diffs are just hoses. That’s just a capped off fuel line. I suppose it could be a gas tank vent, but the fill tube is so big I wouldn’t think it would need one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caldreamz

I can believe the fuel drain (although I still think its a pretty sketchy way to cap the tube). It was a big leak and if it was differential the tube is above the differential which would indicate pressure to get it up and over and a lot of fluid loss. I'm still not sure why it would suddenly leak but I did recently top off the tank. I will trace it back on Sunday and hopefully answer the question.

ezgn

I can believe the fuel drain (although I still think its a pretty sketchy way to cap the tube). It was a big leak and if it was differential the tube is above the differential which would indicate pressure to get it up and over and a lot of fluid loss. I'm still not sure why it would suddenly leak but I did recently top off the tank. I will trace it back on Sunday and hopefully answer the question.
Seems like a simple process to figure out your problem. Stick your finger where it's leaking and stick it to your nose. You will know right away if it's diesel.