• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody want to buy a KIA - like me!

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the Deuce forum. Relax, I do not want to order an econobox.

http://military.kiamotors.com/KM25/Overview.html

The grille is....beautiful in the eye of the beholder, but that could be remedied. It appears that it conforms to the standard hood sweep.

In a way, it would be so cool to own a 2 1/2 ton fresh from the production line, with a Diesel (almost 1000km/tank) and 0 mileage on it.

The 5-tons have a MAN turbo diesel, not sure what the engine in the 2.5 ton is.

For purists: made from 65% recycled GM vehicles.

Too bad that they are not import-able for anything other than off-road use.

Last edited:

gunboy1656

Funny how the odd grill is only shown on the cargo version, everything else has the standard grill.

I like that grill better then the front of the A3's.

Crazyguyla

The front does remind me of the an A3, just not as ugly. I remember oogling over the Korean geuces tha last ime I was stationed there. They were so clean and new looking, even when they were being worked like a dog. The ROK military took care of their stuff. When I went to the War Museum in Souel, the Koreans had about copied everything the US military had(it prohahly worked better too)

dozer1

How about importing some parts for those truck. Ya 'spose they could import on over here a chitload of dem dere power assist steering units and sell em for say ummmm 350.00 a kit?:grd:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sent them an email requesting more information. If they can understand english maybe they'll respond.

namedpipes

I'm no manufacturing expert but I would think it would be cheaper to license the blueprints for the M35A2 and manufacture it to spec than it would be to "clone" and re-blueprint each part.

AM General, Kaiser - they all must have worked from the same blueprints.

I'd bet they're so close you could interchange engine parts with the "new" Kia. Probably even the VIN plate is the same size, shape and location :wink:

saddamsnightmare

May 11th, 2010.

The Kia KM45 or KM450 series weapons carrier looks like an interesting copy of our M715 with a diesel from the factory. We need to twist KIA's arms to consider letting their dealers in the US handle the vehicles, if they were spec'd off our older trucks, one might be able to obtain new repair parts for at least some of the assemblies, and new covers for the cabs and beds.....;-)

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow Now we can buy Brand new trucks, I wonder if the parts interchange with our trucks....
Ever noticed most of the M-series reproduction windshields on the market are Korean?

Now you know why.

I'll bet they aren't the only things we are buying that are made in Korea for these trucks.

Jakob

It's a blessing in disguise, having Korea re-manufacturing our trucks. There should be a new supply of replacement parts instead of having to rely on NOS parts that are 40+ years old. Kia is to the deuce what Year One is to Camaros, lol.

charlietango

I married a Korean girl so if anyone needs translating done let me know. :)

and ditto what was said by maccus. they have had US rights for a long time same like the Canadians. And just like the Canadians there were modifications made to make them more locally user friendly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks