• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone ever seen the 5 ton with a double side slide out box on the back?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a M934 and it drove nice, the ride was great due to the long wheel base and the weight of the truck. I think it was around 30,000 lbs.
The problem was putting the sides out, it was a pain by your self or just with two people. To make a camper out of it all the mounted things inside had to be in the middle due to the way the floor and the ceiling work. But once out it made a big area inside, like 240 sqft.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not that it's of interest but there was a deuce with the same body. It was the M292 with many variants including an A5 with a lift gate.

Csm Davis

Also a trailer version that could be had with soft sides, hard sides, or fold out sides like the trucks above. The bat wing style is generally a machine shop and can be had on a trailer also.

sent from my decrepit fingers

DukeNukem

I had a M934 and it drove nice, the ride was great due to the long wheel base and the weight of the truck. I think it was around 30,000 lbs.
The problem was putting the sides out, it was a pain by your self or just with two people. To make a camper out of it all the mounted things inside had to be in the middle due to the way the floor and the ceiling work. But once out it made a big area inside, like 240 sqft.
Cool!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ive got a 934 expandable van unit mounted on a trailer that needs a home! Makes it so the truck isn't such a slug and you can use it for other things instead of the box being on it all the time. My 5 ton pulled it like it wasn't even back there despite the tounge weight.

You also can opt for a 927 bed as well. This unit just slides right off. Some industrial skates and a sturdy setup you could slide the box onto it when not needing it and slide the bed onto it. Just put a winch in the spare tire area. We green disease do it yourself home engineers on steel soldiers can dang near make anything :doghead:[thumbzup]

Attachments

Last edited:

Gunzy

FYI, there is also the extremely rare M935 variant that has a liftgate, but good luck finding one. I have never seen one but they are listed in the TMs.

M934A2

I just recently purchased a 934a2 and drove it 2200 miles home. Truck drives beautifully and handles well. Little slower than some of the others but it's also heavier. i think towing heavy would make it a slow pig but it would do it.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I just recently purchased a 934a2 and drove it 2200 miles home. Truck drives beautifully and handles well. Little slower than some of the others but it's also heavier. i think towing heavy would make it a slow pig but it would do it.
My A1 when it had the box on it was just slow as could be. Fred flinstoning it would have gained some speed. I mean it is a 9400lb box. After i put the box on the trailer it tows behind my 923 easily.
uploadfromtaptalk1464444695240.jpg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

M934A2

My A1 when it had the box on it was just slow as could be. Fred flinstoning it would have gained some speed. I mean it is a 9400lb box. After i put the box on the trailer it tows behind my 923 easily.
View attachment 625250

I have never drove a A1 truck so I can't compare them but have drove multiple A2's and I don't feel that there is much of a difference. My friend who went with me on my trip has a 931a2 and said he could hardly notice a difference. I'm rather impressed by it so far.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The plan b people have alot of them. Memphis equipment has an order to outfit 30 934s for someone. They had a whole lot full of em yesterday when i was by there.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took this screen shot from the video. I haven't been around the Cummins 8.3Ls enough to say that's what it is just by looking at it, so maybe it is a Cat engine. Is the caption correct though?

I ask because I know there weren't any stock form M939 multifuels and I've never heard of Cat making multifuels either. Just a curiosity really.

Screenshot_2016-05-28-16-41-13.jpg

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took this screen shot from the video. I haven't been around the Cummins 8.3Ls enough to say that's what it is just by looking at it, so maybe it is a Cat engine. Is the caption correct though?

I ask because I know there weren't any stock form M939 multifuels and I've never heard of Cat making multifuels either. Just a curiosity really.

View attachment 625266

It's just a normal Cummins 6CTA. Everything thing they listed (except gasoline) is suitable for combustion in a diesel engine to some degree, calling it a multifuel would be the same as calling your average a car a multifuel since it can run off 87, 89, and 92 octane gasoline. This type of embellishment or ignorance is just shameful in my opinion. I know where those van trucks came from and what they put into them. At the price they're asking they should at least know what the product name is. All I can do is... *sigh*

TMmlKMJ.gif

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks