• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone ever use Duplicolor vinyl paint?

ramdough

All,

I am going to try to paint my center hump with vinyl paint from duplicolor.

I am using the medium grey paint and if that is too light, I will go darker with top coats.

I bought all of the cleaners and adhesion promoters they recommend.

I read the can label, and it says to apply at temperatures under 75 degrees and below 60 percent humidity.

I live inTexas, so as many of you realize this week the only place like that is in my house….not happening.

Any advice or thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramdough

By the way…. The web site says a different temperature range than that on the can. The can says 45-75 degrees. The website says 70-90 degrees. I can do 70-90 outside. Maybe not the humidity.

ramdough

If you needed justification to add air conditioning in the shop, sounds like it's knocking at the door....
Damn straight….. just need the money. If I got rid of my truck I would have the money for the air conditioner. But then that would defeat the purpose.

I did run the copper lines and power when I built my shop. Just always have a project taking my money so never got around to adding AC.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Damn straight….. just need the money. If I got rid of my truck I would have the money for the air conditioner. But then that would defeat the purpose.

I did run the copper lines and power when I built my shop. Just always have a project taking my money so never got around to adding AC.

Sad but true.

Except that you made it farther than me... No shop. Out in the yard or out on the asphalt for me. I recently added more parking lot to park the trucks on rather than out in the dirt and mud (when it rains).

Not really complaining though I guess. About 2 weeks in the spring and about 2 weeks in the fall of good weather. ;-)

I have considered a second box van at the other end of the lot and a big tarp would give me dry space to work in... I suppose if it was a real problem, I would do something about it :cool: Or that is what I keep telling myself.

JD4044M

I would love to have a building to drive into set up for painting and winter heat. Spraying my 1948 Power Wagon was the hardest had to wet the place down before and have NO Wind to carry dust till it is dry. Still it turned out nice for my first real 2 part mix paint job. Your floor will be way more forgiving to do.Dodge (640x568).jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would love to have a building to drive into set up for painting and winter heat. Spraying my 1948 Power Wagon was the hardest had to wet the place down before and have NO Wind to carry dust till it is dry. Still it turned out nice for my first real 2 part mix paint job. Your floor will be way more forgiving to do.View attachment 837284
I really like that truck!
It just looks "tough" standing there - waiting to see what's next. :)

Maybe one day I will step up from Rattle Can painting.
Doing it the way it is now, cleanup is a breeze though!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would love to have a building to drive into set up for painting and winter heat. Spraying my 1948 Power Wagon was the hardest had to wet the place down before and have NO Wind to carry dust till it is dry. Still it turned out nice for my first real 2 part mix paint job. Your floor will be way more forgiving to do.View attachment 837284
OMG thats the bomb im glad your on the other end of the country cause i would figure a way to trade u out of that !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

look into diy mini split ac for your shop i just unboxed mine today for the truck and its pretty damn easy ! and they come in 115 if you dont have a big panel

Third From Texas

Where are our pictures of bikinis wearing terorist?
I thought about you the other day.

I was just finishing getting setup in the sand and two very definite college aged "10's" came over to look at the truck.

I didn't have my phone handy at the time, and knew that I had failed my mission when they never strolled back over to ask for a ride.

;)

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HELLS BELLS they could have been osamas special forces walked right up to ya ! And you let em escape ? I said to pose as a drunken old man not actually be one while on sentry post im going to give you one more chance to gather this critical intelligence for the 97.000 analyst here at SS to pour over your fact gathering photos . If you fail this time im going to be forced to put you in the PLUS sise womans changing room at the local walmart untill you think you can handle the beach post and im takeing your camera while at walmart you can just draw us a picture of the ROUND INSURGENTS and you just keep those drawing until we ask for them !!!!! Carry on !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks