• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone get an M101 out of Chambersburg today?

Ratch

I was high bidder on several today, only ended up with 1.
Koolex pointed out to me last week the massive number that were on the block, I think 40...

I wish this process went faster, I'd like to run out to Chambersburg tomorrow for recovery while I have a half work day. Anyone from Eastern PA heading out that way with a large truck?

Also, anyone notice that M1101 on GL somewhere in the midwest last week? I saw several up close this morning. I think I like the 101's better, but those definitely look more modern.

Oros35

Between my father and myself we got 4 of them. Prices were surprizing on some of them, both high and low. Ours are A2's with covers for around $300.

Ratch

Yeah, prices were a bit unusual. Oros, you and I probably bid against each other, I was trying to get a few covered units but had a few other irons in the fire that limited my budget.
It does look like covered M101's went for less than usual in this event, though.

Barebones A3's went over $700.

Ratch

Sorry, just could not resist!

Yeah yeah... Just your plain jane M101. Although, it's camo, so my camo cover will look a little better matched than it does on my solid green trailer. There's a slim chance I'll donate one to a local boy scout troop if this one's really nice.

Attachments

Last edited:
Yeah, prices were a bit unusual. Oros, you and I probably bid against each other, I was trying to get a few covered units but had a few other irons in the fire that limited my budget.
It does look like covered M101's went for less than usual in this event, though.

Barebones A3's went over $700.

No sides or racks...Crazy

Ratch

It is possible, whoever's picking it up has to have an authorization form. I think it's on the invoice.

I really don't want to go get just one, it's a 2 hour one way trip for me. But it is a little cheaper in that I get my normal 11mpg one way...
I think York is pretty far from me, too. I'm the Morgantown exit off the turnpike. Would you be willing to drive out here to get it if I can get a car hauler to put it on? Only real benefit to that is not being a slave to GL lot hours.
I'd just want a split on fuel if I can borrow a car hauler. Large factor being "if". I still haven't paid for leaving my mark on the last one I borrowed from a SS member.

ssgtcarroll

I am going Friday it looks like. Wish I could go Sat. I could have access to a large trailer that I could probaly get two on. I was planing on towing it out tho.

Oros35

Picked our 4 M101A2's up yesterday. Went very well. Saw 2 others leaving with A3's hooked to their bumpers. And a Kublos's semi with 3 trailers on it leaving right as we were arriving.

I now have 2 M101A1's for sale.

Attachments

rfischba1

I have plenty of nice metal bows for the M101 trailers, I'm located down here in MD outside of FT Meade. Also have a nice set of fiberglass side racks for sale.