• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone get an M101 out of Chambersburg today?

Ratch

I was high bidder on several today, only ended up with 1.
Koolex pointed out to me last week the massive number that were on the block, I think 40...

I wish this process went faster, I'd like to run out to Chambersburg tomorrow for recovery while I have a half work day. Anyone from Eastern PA heading out that way with a large truck?

Also, anyone notice that M1101 on GL somewhere in the midwest last week? I saw several up close this morning. I think I like the 101's better, but those definitely look more modern.

Oros35

Between my father and myself we got 4 of them. Prices were surprizing on some of them, both high and low. Ours are A2's with covers for around $300.

Ratch

Yeah, prices were a bit unusual. Oros, you and I probably bid against each other, I was trying to get a few covered units but had a few other irons in the fire that limited my budget.
It does look like covered M101's went for less than usual in this event, though.

Barebones A3's went over $700.

Ratch

Sorry, just could not resist!

Yeah yeah... Just your plain jane M101. Although, it's camo, so my camo cover will look a little better matched than it does on my solid green trailer. There's a slim chance I'll donate one to a local boy scout troop if this one's really nice.

Attachments

Last edited:
Yeah, prices were a bit unusual. Oros, you and I probably bid against each other, I was trying to get a few covered units but had a few other irons in the fire that limited my budget.
It does look like covered M101's went for less than usual in this event, though.

Barebones A3's went over $700.

No sides or racks...Crazy

Ratch

It is possible, whoever's picking it up has to have an authorization form. I think it's on the invoice.

I really don't want to go get just one, it's a 2 hour one way trip for me. But it is a little cheaper in that I get my normal 11mpg one way...
I think York is pretty far from me, too. I'm the Morgantown exit off the turnpike. Would you be willing to drive out here to get it if I can get a car hauler to put it on? Only real benefit to that is not being a slave to GL lot hours.
I'd just want a split on fuel if I can borrow a car hauler. Large factor being "if". I still haven't paid for leaving my mark on the last one I borrowed from a SS member.

ssgtcarroll

I am going Friday it looks like. Wish I could go Sat. I could have access to a large trailer that I could probaly get two on. I was planing on towing it out tho.

Oros35

Picked our 4 M101A2's up yesterday. Went very well. Saw 2 others leaving with A3's hooked to their bumpers. And a Kublos's semi with 3 trailers on it leaving right as we were arriving.

I now have 2 M101A1's for sale.

Attachments

rfischba1

I have plenty of nice metal bows for the M101 trailers, I'm located down here in MD outside of FT Meade. Also have a nice set of fiberglass side racks for sale.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks